Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December 7th - Pearl Harbor Day

December 7th - Pearl Harbor Day

Don't see much news about Pearl Harbor, but may we never forget.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

I agree......sad none of the news feeds seem to remember!!
    No Marauder

My Dad (RIP) served in the US Navy during WW2....I'm pretty sure that's why he would never buy a Japanese car.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    My Dad (RIP) served in the US Navy during WW2....I'm pretty sure that's why he would never buy a Japanese car.

My dad too, odd how that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I served at Pearl Harbor from 1978 thru 1981
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

Back In July My Squadron participated in RIMPAC 2018. I have Never done anything more American than watching 4th of July fireworks sitting on the fantail of an Aircraft Carrier across from the USS Arizona and the USS Missouri. There are buildings still in use on Ford Island that still have bullet holes, and the Old runway still has Bomb craters. I also visited the lesser known USS Utah, which is nothing more than a rusted Hulk now.

Though I don't know if it's coincidence, or someone In Navy having fun, but the Japanese LHD was parked right next to us facing the Arizona and the Missouri.

A lot of Naval History there. I enjoyed learning so much about what happened there. God Speed and rest well to all my shipmates resting at the bottom of the harbor.
    2003 Mercury Marauder- Stock with 223k miles.

2000 Crown Victoria P73. Deep Wedge Wood Blue.
    SW longtube headers and high flow cats, magnaflow mufflers, 3.55 gears w/track lock, 70mm Aviator TB, PnP factory plenum, ADTR intake tube, 87 octaine tune by MO. Bilstein HD shocks, Mecto Rear control arms w/ watts link, Addco custom order 1.5 inch front sway bar (38mm), 1.25 inch rear bar 31.75mm (only 11 made).

Never forget...

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Blog Entries
    A Man I knew, Joe, was a "POW" for a year. He was tortured by the Japanese.

He would not purchase a Japanese car. He drove a Mustang convertible with headers. We participated in a sport together.

I noticed he was very possessive about his food.

He was an engineer and received recognition for his work after Hurricane Katrina.

I had a Japanese family as a tenant. He showed me a pic of his grandfather who was a Samurai Warrior who went around chopping peoples heads off.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Heard this was the first year there were no survivors of the Arizona on hand for the service. Not sure if they are all dead or just to frail to travel to Hawaii.

My Dad

My Dad (RIP) served in the US Navy during WW2....
    My Dad also served in the Navy during WW2. He left San Francisco for Pearl Harbor on the first leg of the USS Indianapolis mission to deliver the bomb. He was some sort of radio engineer. Just prior to that he was on some smaller vessels and thought he was the luckiest guy alive to snag the Indianapolis spot when the sailor originally assigned fell ill and was taken off. He arrived at Pearl only to be told the other sailor was now recovered and would take his spot back and Dad was taken off the Indianapolis in Hawaii. Dad was so disappointed...but actually turned out to be the luckiest guy alive when the ill-fated ship was later torpedoed by the Japanese and sank, sending so many of his former crewmates to their deaths. He always maintained a strong bond with the USS Indianapolis. One day years later while teaching his junior high math class in San Jose, California, they were having a side discussion about WW2 and he discovered that the father of one of his students was the pilot that spotted the ships wreckage leading to the rescue of survivors. He stood in that class choking back tears. It's funny because he rarely spoke about his service. There's so much I wish I'd asked him. The Indianapolis survivors met annually in California and Dad was invited to participate. He was a charter member of the Greatest Generation and I miss him every day.
    His proud, loving daughter,Ms. D~

Dad in Navy Uniform.jpg My Dad

The Family and the Big Merc.jpgAdded this one because look what Dad's driving. He gave it to me when I was in collage. It started my love affair with big Mercs. Red light raced that thing(1966 Park Lane conv, engine was a 410cid w/ I believe a 3sp auto.) every chance I got on my way home from my job at Macy's. It's also the car that was purposely disabled by some creep who removed the distributor cap while I was working and left me stranded in the East Ridge Mall parking lot.Then drove over to "rescue" me. Thank God I didn't fall for it and when Mall security showed up he took off....but that's another story. Ms.D posting under Mr. Man again.
    Last edited by Mr. Man; 12-08-2018 at 03:24 PM.

I was fortunate to be assigned to a Hawaii project when I worked. I made it a point to visit the memorial on a beautiful Sunday morning. It was a long time ago, but it was something I'll never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    Don't see much news about Pearl Harbor, but may we never forget.
    I noticed it too and was not happy about it.

He's not alone.

I too noticed the void of news this year, and was puzzled by it. Due to work travel, I've been in Hawaii on December 7th a few times, and it was a powerful day each time.

Thank you all above for the stories.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    I too noticed the void of news this year, and was puzzled by it. Due to work travel, I've been in Hawaii on December 7th a few times, and it was a powerful day each time.

Thank you all above for the stories.
    Most young news "reporters" barely remember the Gulf War. Vietnam, Korea, WWII might as well be talking about the Crusades. I did hear a few old time anchors acknowledge the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information