Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Rod Power Tour

Hot Rod Power Tour

The Hot Rod Power Tour is coming to Rochester, MN on Thursday June 12th.

http://www.hotrod.com/upcomingevents...tes/index.html

Wondering if anyone would be interested in driving to Rochester to see all of the cars? I thought we could meet at my house in Rosemount then drive together to Rochester which is about 70 miles. Not sure what time the cars will arrive. The previous day the tour stops in Ames, IA which is about 180 miles from Rochester. I'm guessing early afternoon? The next leg in the tour is Madison, WI. Let me know iof there is any interest in this.

Thanks,
    Curt

2 far west for me ...... they need todo another east coast run and i'll be there
    Norrin Radd

SURFING WITH THE ALIEN.......SWEET

If love is blind,why is lingerie so POPULAR ?????

Only two words really come to mind...."Dang Dude!!" .......as spoken by CBT

I have the issue of Hot Rod for last years event. Looks awesome. Would be nice to see a Marauder or two in the article...especially since they had an Impala SS in one of the pictures.
    2003 300A
    Built: 10/22/02
    XCal2 by Lidio
    K&N CAI #63-1111
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    Stewart EMP Water pump
    Stainless Works long tube headers
    Random Tech high flow cats
    Super 44's
    Megs delete tips
    OEM Spoiler
    Progard
    Duplicolor red calipers
    20% Tint
    14.46 @ 97.08

5799 of 7839
    Made in Canada

A bunch of us are meeting up with them to cruise through wisconsin

Rochester is just 50 miles north of me.

It's a ways off, but I'll probably be able to do this one.
    "No one is useless if they can still be used as a bad example." ~ SSgt. Miller.

"Loud pipes lose rights."

I'll be joining the tour in Ames and following it to the conclusion in Madison. They are routing the tour through Cedar Falls (home!) and Cedar Falls Raceway is opening the track for the day to allow cars to make some runs.

Might see some of you on the way.

Hi John,

I assume that at each stop there is some type of event The only thing I can think of since they are stopping at the Rochester Community & Technical College would be some type of Auto Cross? Any idea what's scheduled? Also, what time do you think the cars will start arriving in Rochester?

Honestly I have no idea what time they would begin to arrive in Rochester. I would venture a guess that it would be around 5-6pm for those that hang around at the race track in Cedar Falls. There is a thread on CarJunkieForum.com that is keeping track of some of us Car Junkies on the power tour.

http://www.carjunkieforums.com/index...;topicseen#new

There is a LOT of info on the PT2008 on there.

We're hoping to have a "special event" in Rochester put on by members. Meet at a place, grill brats and such and just hang out until we go cruising. There is a specific thread just to the Rochester stop-over on there too. I'm donating $100 from cvmusclecars.com to help as are other groups.

Cheers

John

I also will be joining the the tour sometime. The plan origanily was to start with the tour in Arkansas in my buddys mustang, but looks like we might be waiting for the tour to get in to Ames. I may be driving the rauder, dunno yet
    2003a Black Marauder- Procharged, Cobra exaustmanifold, Flowmaster 40s, 4.10s, Widend rear rims and other stuff.
    2003a Black Marauder- Nitrous, SCT tune, Detroit TruTrac with ford 4.10s, JLT CAI Totaled in storm 6-18-09
    2003 Yamaha R1

HRPTb

Talk about lucky! The meeting place they have designated is less than 1 mile from my house.I think I can make it!! If anyone has any questions about the town etc. let me know and I'll see if I can answer you.Lets see if we cant get a few of these MMs together.

I will be there on Thursday night. I plan to meet up with the power tour at cedar falls and finish the tour in Madison.

I will probably not be rolling the Marauder unless it is going to be hot. I will be rolling my 1964 Comet convertible.

Tim

Heres my update. its about a 25% chance ill be driving the marauder. Bad axle seal and not sure if i will have it fixed by then. Prolly be riding my yamaha R1. So if you see a blue motorcycle around 2 mustangs that would be me. Ill be there from ames to madison
    2003a Black Marauder- Procharged, Cobra exaustmanifold, Flowmaster 40s, 4.10s, Widend rear rims and other stuff.
    2003a Black Marauder- Nitrous, SCT tune, Detroit TruTrac with ford 4.10s, JLT CAI Totaled in storm 6-18-09
    2003 Yamaha R1

Did the tour in '03 & '04

I highly recommend it. Long Hauler both years!! The MM was new then
    Dave (1stMMGTCC)
    Dayton Ohio -- BIRTHPLACE of Aviation, the Automotive Self Starter, Cash Register and the highest per capita number of patents in the USA and home of the first MM with GT Coil Covers

gettin my car fixed tomorrow, tour is next week. Cant wait!
    2003 Yamaha R1

You'll have a great time. Take advantage of the free meals, they are usually pretty good.
    Dave (1stMMGTCC)
    Dayton Ohio -- BIRTHPLACE of Aviation, the Automotive Self Starter, Cash Register and the highest per capita number of patents in the USA and home of the first MM with GT Coil Covers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information