Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED turn signal bulbs. How to stop hyperflash

Need to install a Phillips CAN-Bus adapter for my front turn signal led's due to hyper flash issue. Does anyone know the wire color codes for positive and negative wires going to the turn signal socket. These adapters must be spliced in at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan19063 View Post
    Need to install a Phillips CAN-Bus adapter for my front turn signal led's due to hyper flash issue. Does anyone know the wire color codes for positive and negative wires going to the turn signal socket. These adapters must be spliced in at that point.
    Do you have a DMM?
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Do you have a DMM?

I am not sure what a DMM is ? Would this be a Digital Multimeter? If so yes I do.

A resistor is the easiest way. But will still draw as much power as incandescent bulbs.

I have yet to see a decent write up for which relays need to be swapped, or what or where a multi function switch is at the steering column.

I plan to get into it this year at some point though when I try to recreate the one-touch, 3 blink turn signal thing that new cars all have.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    A resistor is the easiest way. But will still draw as much power as incandescent bulbs.

I have yet to see a decent write up for which relays need to be swapped, or what or where a multi function switch is at the steering column.

I plan to get into it this year at some point though when I try to recreate the one-touch, 3 blink turn signal thing that new cars all have.
    The multifunction switch IS the turn signal stalk. On these cars (and most Fords for that matter) the brake lights go into the switch and are split left and right for the rear brake lights/turn signals. Also split for the front turn signals which DO NOT also act as brake lights. And four-way hazards. The parking light circuit does not redistribute here. The rear wires can be obtained here and extended to an electronic flasher. I believe these wires can be found at the body harness in the DKP or along the door frame under the carpet. Turn the hazards on and start probing. If you cut the wire and the corresponding light goes out you know you've found it. Use that as a splice point for the utilization of an electronic flasher.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post

One-touch blinker is common on a lot of vehicles now and is quite simple to achieve electronically. On some trucks the 3 blink becomes 6 in towing mode. Try this and it might be just what you need for a timer circuit https://www.amazon.com/Directed-Elec.../dp/B0009WP09K
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    One-touch blinker is common on a lot of vehicles now and is quite simple to achieve electronically. On some trucks the 3 blink becomes 6 in towing mode. Try this and it might be just what you need for a timer circuit https://www.amazon.com/Directed-Elec.../dp/B0009WP09K
    Yep, mine were 3 flash, I hex edited them to do 6 flashes and 9 with a trailer
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    Nice! I'll check it out. Thanks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information