Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Mercury Marauder Total Loss and then Stolen into

I live close and can put eyes on it if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    I live close and can put eyes on it if you'd like.

I think someone should stand up to these people. How did the car end up in their possession anyway? did they just take it? Seems like they stole the car and stripped it before it was claimed for flood loss.

total

When my wife got hit in her vette 5 years ago, I had the car towed to my house and placed in my garage so this crap could not happen. Of course, it was a total, but still it was a bargaining chip with the insurance companies. Thank God we did. I know some folks do not have a garage, but tow it to a buddies property for safety. Insurance companies travel to anywhere the vehicle is at. Just my .02 worth.

Everytime me and my brother have accidents and they tow our cars to some lot somewhere, the trunk is always mysteriously popped and contents missing. When we complain to the office, its always they feel insulted and nothing was caught on their cameras.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    Everytime me and my brother have accidents and they tow our cars to some lot somewhere, the trunk is always mysteriously popped and contents missing. When we complain to the office, its always they feel insulted and nothing was caught on their cameras.
    You live in Californication.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    You live in Californication.

Yep; the body shop guys don’t consider it stealing. They’re fixing the car so by rights everything in it is theirs. Since they’re fixing the body, I consider myself lucky if they don’t steal the tires and rims and anything bolted to the engine.

Last time they were so intent on stealing the $1.25 in change out of my center console along with a $4 Office Depot calculator out of the front map pocket, that they left a brand new large craftsman screwdriver under the front seat. Good trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by tobiasg1995 View Post
    ... Any legitimate business will have theft insurance. Do not let this go keep after them ...
    Maybe in Ohio, but not in Michigan

When I worked at a Ford body shop in the '70's, we had customers cars wheels stolen

We had to tell them it was not our responsibility, and they had to see if they had insurance coverage on their cars

=
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

The more I learn, the more I find out I don't know.

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information