Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boosted MM, there is no substitute

Welcome back. I went through the same thing — almost two years of nit driving the car I was worried I'd be regretting not selling it and moving onto something else. Now I'm continuing to make it better and better.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

boosted MM, there is no substitute

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    nothing to compare..it's the only cali legal one. Paxton does not make a marauder kit anymore, no roots blower or twin screw is cali legal. Dont make it harder than it is.

I’m not. From what you posted I assumed it was the only CA legal option. But I want to know what makes it different from the others, and what that means as far as HP if anything. In other words, what I’m not getting like I said.

Not making anything hard, just want to know what I’m buying and how it compares to setups people in free states can buy. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Last ride before winter storage: Marauder Mansion, Spookyville NY
    Car performed flawlessly, I love my creation

Monitoring my meters:
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

W T ...! is that a two tone Marauder, and is that Trump's daily driver!, Now you're going to tell us ,it's as fast as a silver , and has the attitude and good looks of a blacThanks for the pic's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    W T ...! is that a two tone Marauder, and is that Trump's daily driver!, Now you're going to tell us ,it's as fast as a silver , and has the attitude and good looks of a blacThanks for the pic's.
    Trump's car? I tell him:
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Good to hear from ya chief! Car looks real good
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Your car rocks.

Period.

Awesome setup!

MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Opening up the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    I’m not. From what you posted I assumed it was the only CA legal option. But I want to know what makes it different from the others, and what that means as far as HP if anything. In other words, what I’m not getting like I said.

Not making anything hard, just want to know what I’m buying and how it compares to setups people in free states can buy. Thanks.

If you want to open up the smog legal power adder options, take your car to the bureau of automotive repair in California and have it inspected for an engine swap to a 2003 Mustang Mach 1. That's right, tell them you put a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 engine in your Marauder and you want it certified. They'll stare at it, certify it, give you an underhood sticker, and now you can apply any modifications you like that are CARB legal on a Mustang Mach 1.

For example, the 2.8L Ken-Bell is CARB legal on a Mach 1. And whether it's a ken bell or a whipple on top...a blower is a blower to smog inspectors as long as you have a CARB number for it. Both Vortech and Paxton have/had kits for the Mach 1 as well. There's probably others.
    Last edited by ByronRACE; 11-28-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ByronRACE View Post
    If you want to open up the smog legal power adder options, take your car to the bureau of automotive repair in California and have it inspected for an engine swap to a 2003 Mustang Mach 1. That's right, tell them you put a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 engine in your Marauder and you want it certified. They'll stare at it, certify it, give you an underhood sticker, and now you can apply any modifications you like that are CARB legal on a Mustang Mach 1.

For example, the 2.8L Ken-Bell is CARB legal on a Mach 1. And whether it's a ken bell or a whipple on top...a blower is a blower to smog inspectors as long as you have a CARB number for it. Both Vortech and Paxton have/had kits for the Mach 1 as well. There's probably others.

Thanks for the tip. And aren’t the ‘03 and ‘04 Mach 1 engines the exact same 4.6 DOHC we have? Illogic rules...!

It just doesn't get old
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information