Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mercury Marauder Total Loss and then Stolen into

Quote Originally Posted by mm svt View Post
    I agree with bob, the shop it was at. Also sounds like you have two claims for the insurance to consider
    Yeah im hoping the insurance comes through with the theft claim, they stole most of my stuff that wasnt part of the original claim.

Quote Originally Posted by junior View Post
    Too late for that, didn't you see the pics? There is nothing left.
    It can easily be fixed. You don't junk a MARAUDER for this....Didn't YOU see the pics?

PLUS IT'S A RUST FREE FLORIDA CAR. So you buy a truly totaled one for cheap and swap the parts in a weekend. Done.
    Last edited by tbone; 10-20-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akr619 View Post
    I dont have the money to buy the lien, the insurance wouldnt issue a payout unless they get a clean title.
    So you owe more than it is worth? Then the bank will come after you for the balance unless you have gap insurance. You should still be able to buy the car from the insurance company after the payout. The insurance company can't withhold a claim because you owe the bank money for the car in excess of what they are paying out. That's between you and the bank.

Why is there a pic of the rear with a mushed bumper and intact tail lights and then one with no bumper or tail lights at all?
    Last edited by tbone; 10-20-2017 at 01:01 PM.

WTH????

I suspect the shop that was storing the car was involved in the theft.

Did you make a report to the police?

Was the car stored in a locked area at the (body?) shop/impound?

=
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

The more I learn, the more I find out I don't know.

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGod View Post
    I suspect the shop that was storing the car was involved in the theft.

Did you make a report to the police?

Was the car stored in a locked area at the (body?) shop/impound?

=
    Definitely make a report. As somebody said this person was there for a few hours. Has to be one camera that spotted him. Check cameras across streets, etc

Shane your MM took storm damage they sure get totaled easily. Did this shop work with ins co on repair costs and help get it totaled so they could steal parts? Such insult to injury with the stripping. Definitely call police and make a report! way your car was stripped they took time to remove parts so not to break them. I bet inside shop job. everyone that works there should be interrogated!

Dibs on the floor mats! The thieves won't that smart they left the floor mats.

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

name of shop?
    '03 300A Marauder, 107K miles, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, 2nd cats deleted, HID 6000K foglights, SilverStar Ultra's headlights, goodyear gatorback belt, K&N FIPK, K&N drycharger, SS inserts, spoiler, MSD COP's, Nitto Motivo's.

to take all that off would take hours, they knew what they were doing as they took most of the MM specific parts. Left behind, floor mats, passenger side airbag and the deck lid panel. That sucks, wonder if the body shop did it or someone at the shop knowing it was going to get totaled anyway.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    to take all that off would take hours, they knew what they were doing as they took most of the MM specific parts. Left behind, floor mats, passenger side airbag and the deck lid panel. That sucks, wonder if the body shop did it or someone at the shop knowing it was going to get totaled anyway.
    They also took the battery.. so it is very suspect. I will be working with the USAA investigative. I want to make sure they are fully involve if they want to go further. Also the lien was 5k the total pay out was 8.9k so I wasnt upside down. I always go for the GAP if its available. My cheap LX sport didnt qualify for it.

I have the police report information, I will talk to USAA again, I called the guy in-charge of it today and yesterday and left a message. so I need to contact them. I dont want to name the Shop name as I dont want a witch hunt, its a small time shop and there were no cameras.

SOB’s! I hate to generalize, but I’ve been to 6 body shops in the past 40 years and in every case there were thieves working there, taking whatever they could out of or off of the car. The last time my right front quarter panel had minor damage, and the guy tells me, “you know your trunk is locked and the key you gave me won’t open it?” Yeah, I know *******! Why are you trying to look in my trunk?

Bob’s right and they took their sweet time stripping the car, so hope you can get something out of the body shop. Really sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

I suggest you do name the shop, you're not doing other marauder owners a favor if you don't.

Who would want to take their car there to get it worked on? Get my point?
    '03 300A Marauder, 107K miles, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, 2nd cats deleted, HID 6000K foglights, SilverStar Ultra's headlights, goodyear gatorback belt, K&N FIPK, K&N drycharger, SS inserts, spoiler, MSD COP's, Nitto Motivo's.

Body Shop was involved and they knew exactly what they wanted.

Someone working there has a friend with a CV who wants a Faux-Rauder....at your expense!
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Wtf?? I would also be looking for an insurance check from that shop the car was sitting at! Somebody spent an awful long time stripping it!

As for the insurance company, never ever settle for their first "offer"..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 on this. Don't forget to include lawyer costs in your settlement with the shop, they usually take about a third.

Name of the shop is CM Autowerkz and the shop does not have insurance for theft from what the owner told me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information