Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P0304

P0304

Driving home yesterday and the CEL started flashing, pulled the code and it was P0304. The light still isn't on, I cleared the code and am waiting for it to come back.

The car sputters around 40-45 mph. It's always done it for the past 20K miles I've owned the car.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to save myself some money and replace the COP myself, are there any youtube videos or links that can show me how to do this?

Also, should I buy the motorcraft COP or the ultra power COP from rockauto?
    '03 300A Marauder, 107K miles, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, 2nd cats deleted, HID 6000K foglights, SilverStar Ultra's headlights, goodyear gatorback belt, K&N FIPK, K&N drycharger, SS inserts, spoiler, MSD COP's, Nitto Motivo's.

The DOHC 4.6 is about the easiest motor to change plugs on.

1. Remove COP covers (2 bolts)
    2. Unplug COP connector.
    3. Pull COP straight up and out.
    4. Reverse steps to install.

Wallah...that's it.

You do know #4 is the rearmost on the passenger side, yes?

Can't go wrong with Motorcraft, but that's the most expensive way. eBay COPs are hit-or-miss. If you buy the cheapies, get a few of them.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Thanks, man. Theres no bolt/screw holding the cop in?
    '03 300A Marauder, 107K miles, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, 2nd cats deleted, HID 6000K foglights, SilverStar Ultra's headlights, goodyear gatorback belt, K&N FIPK, K&N drycharger, SS inserts, spoiler, MSD COP's, Nitto Motivo's.

No. The cover holds them down. Remember to put a small dab of silicone dielectric grease on the inside of the spark plug end of the boot on the new one.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

perfect, thank you.

I'll be doing this myself.

I'm going to get these off of americanmuscle.com

https://www.americanmuscle.com/msd-coilonplug-9909.html

or should I go with the fords?

https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-coilset-4valve.html

If you neglect to put that dab of dielectric grease on the spark plug boot, the next time you go to change plugs you will find that it isn't the cover that keeps the cops from falling out it will be the spark plugs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

OEM Ford all the way
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

I buy the Delphi? Ones at Napa. Even on my boosted marauders

Lifetime, local, always in stock
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

If you're going to buy a whole set, I'd get these. Genuine Ford and helps support a vendor here.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

thank you.

+1 on OEM ford ones. Summit and sparta has them I believe. Be cautious unplugging the clips on the COPS the plastic gets brittle as the car ages and if you break a clip you will have to zip tie them on or get a new clip and splice it in.
    ps. Cobra COP clips are not the same as marauder, nor are the cv ones as I ordered both and none of them fit.

So youre saying the msds wont fit?

Quote Originally Posted by jmsa540 View Post
    So youre saying the msds wont fit?
    I'm sure the MSD's will fit..... Most recommend the OEM Ford COPS.

Remember to put a dab of silicone sealer on the harness at the rear of the cam cover / COP cover.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Gotcha, ill put these in since i already ordered them.

Dont see why these wouldnt fit when the ford ones are made for the same application nmd they fit. These are made for the same application, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information