Thread: basic mods to wake her up

basic mods to wake her up

Guys, besides gears, what else would be beneficial to do to wake the Marauder up?

She already has a K&N and flows on her, I was thinking of doing a dyno but what else could be done engine wise to give her some more power?

I have a 96 Cobra and that car is tuned to the max but the market is very limited for these cars.

Thoughts?
    '03 300A Marauder, 107K miles, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, 2nd cats deleted, HID 6000K foglights, SilverStar Ultra's headlights, goodyear gatorback belt, K&N FIPK, K&N drycharger, SS inserts, spoiler, MSD COP's, Nitto Motivo's.

Get a Marty tune. Best bang for the buck there is.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Sounds good, anything else that can help with the said tune?
    '03 300A Marauder, 107K miles, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, 2nd cats deleted, HID 6000K foglights, SilverStar Ultra's headlights, goodyear gatorback belt, K&N FIPK, K&N drycharger, SS inserts, spoiler, MSD COP's, Nitto Motivo's.

Some people swear by underdrive pulleys and/or the PHP intake spacer. You already have the FIPK. 4.10s would make a bigger bang, but be bigger bux.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

I’d be happy to set you up with a tune.

It will change your life.

Thank you, Marty.

Just before the tune, I'm wondering what else I could do as far as engine wise (without digging into the internals).

Looks like I'm already set up for a tune, I'm about to replace the spark plugs and all 8 cops.

I already have the intake.

How much do you see almost stock marauders put down with your tune?

Quote Originally Posted by jmsa540 View Post
    Thank you, Marty.

Just before the tune, I'm wondering what else I could do as far as engine wise (without digging into the internals).

Looks like I'm already set up for a tune, I'm about to replace the spark plugs and all 8 cops.

I already have the intake.

How much do you see almost stock marauders put down with your tune?
    Aside from the engine parameters marty changes, the transmission mapping was my favorite improvement. better shift points and firmer shifts.

cool, good stuff, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    I’d be happy to set you up with a tune.

It will change your life.
    True story. Makes a big difference.

Eaton swap....

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

Just posted here last week, the Marty tune was a huge improvement on my car. Like the car should have been from the factory. It really helped with the power, and especially the shifts. I combined it with the NGK 4177 plugs Marty recommends and a 170 stat from Lethal Performance recommended by Fastblackmerc.

I already had 4:10’s, and they do a lot to wake the car up. I thought about an intake spacer years ago, but there’s just no room. I had to get rid of my first CAK years ago because it chewed right through the UHI and into the hood metal. I don’t think my hood could handle any more height on the engine, and not sure how much HP the spacer would add in any case.

I have the UD pullies, but left the stock alt pulley on because I need the extra voltage.

As far as handling, I’ve done all suspension mods except for a watts link, and will be doing that soon. As it is, the car handles nice and tight on curves and on ramps, like a much smaller car actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    Just posted here last week, the Marty tune was a huge improvement on my car. Like the car should have been from the factory. It really helped with the power, and especially the shifts. I combined it with the NGK 4177 plugs Marty recommends and a 170 stat from Lethal Performance recommended by Fastblackmerc.

I already had 4:10’s, and they do a lot to wake the car up. I thought about an intake spacer years ago, but there’s just no room. I had to get rid of my first CAK years ago because it chewed right through the UHI and into the hood metal. I don’t think my hood could handle any more height on the engine, and not sure how much HP the spacer would add in any case.

I have the UD pullies, but left the stock alt pulley on because I need the extra voltage.

As far as handling, I’ve done all suspension mods except for a watts link, and will be doing that soon. As it is, the car handles nice and tight on curves and on ramps, like a much smaller car actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfect, this gave me a great idea on what else i need to do.

Anyone else?

DO. THE. 410s
    From your list of mods you have done almost everything without spending (as some members put it) cubic dollars. Other than that get some tires. Get the michelin pilot super sports 235/50/18 all the way round, (so you can rotate) and just turn off traction control, Or Nitto NT555/NT505/NT420S. Upgrade sound system, (Kenwood 50w speakers 6x8 or Rockford Fosgate 80w 6x8 and add a sub to your liking.)

Just got some nitto motivos in March

Thread Information