Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fog Lamp LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    Universal garbage.
    I agree - CARID has beautiful pictures and enticing product offers which are far too often low to poor quality. The Retrofit Source is your friend.

Personally, I'm not looking for anything super bright. I'd be happy with something comparable in output to the halogens I've used. Since my headlights and parking lamps have all been converted to LED, I wanted the fogs to match. I bought a pair of LED H1 bulbs that are a direct swap for the standard bulbs, but the output was so terrible that they were overpowered by the switchback bulbs I bought from Jim. Couldn't even tell they were on unless I looked directly at the lamps.

These ones seem better designed to spread light, which I think should have close to halogen output in these lamps. And for $40, it wouldn't hurt to see how well they work. I'm just not certain about fitment, specifically how they would remain mounted in the lamp. They don't connect to the socket, and I'm not certain if the lamo would have to be modified to keep them in.

If all of this is really just a pipe dream, though, the next best thing would probably be to just get a new pair of lamps and have them converted into projectors. Go from there.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    "Beast, Jr."

2003 300 A, 4.10:1 gear, JLT CAI, Marty tune, Nitto 420S and 555 tires, NGK TR55 plugs, J-mod, Skull lock knobs, and a new windshield

I made a set of 2015-17 Mustang LED foglights work in my car. There should be photos in my photobucket if you can get to it.
    03 Marauder- 300B, non heated seats, T/C, no CD changer
    03 Marauder- 300A, Eaton Swapped, SOLD

03 Marauder- 300A, 5544 of 7839 in 03, Trilogy #24, SOLD
    04 Marauder- 300B, SB with LF interior, 208k miles and still ticking SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Lowndex View Post
    I agree - CARID has beautiful pictures and enticing product offers which are far too often low to poor quality. The Retrofit Source is your friend.
    ++20 ^^^ What he said. Check Ebay and Amazon before you buy from CARID. Their stuff is waaay overpriced.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information