Thread: DTR Touch Up Paint

DTR Touch Up Paint

If you have trouble finding it, check for 1998 Ford Expedition or F Series trucks. That's what it was also used on. Code JL. I knew when I got it my computer asked if I wanted to take this out of delete status? This means I had had it at one time and it was not moving and it goes into delete status. I thought, how could I have had a brand new color before. To go into delete status it must have no movement for six months, so I knew it had to be an old color. I researched it and found it!!! You should be able to get it in auto stores. The ford part number is ALBZ-19500-6771A

RAY

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    That may be for the old Toreador red, but I think you'll find the "new" Dark Toreador red is a darker shade.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

How can that be when it's the same code and the same part number??????

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    didn't you say ALBZ-19500-6771A is the 1998 part number?

Can't explain the same paint code, other than look at all the shades of Black with the same code.

The older Toreador Red cars look a different shade from Dark Toreador Red to me. Maybe it's just the light?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

It's both the same part number and code since 1998. Colors look different on different vehicles. You can put a Lincoln Town Car and a Mercury Sable side by side with the same paint code and they will look different. RAY

Dark Toreodor Red and Toreodor Red were offered for 1996 Broncos. I know since I had a Toreodor Red one (bright/medium red) and my dad had a Dark Toreodor Red (maroon). So, Dark Toreodor Red is not a new color name. You might try looking up that color code and seeing if its the same.

Thread Information