Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What made you want a marauder??

Rarity, looks and comfort.

I thought it would be fast
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

In the summer of 2004 I spotted a young Hispanic kid driving down Main Street here with one. I followed him for 5 miles then asked him about it. (He probably thought I was a nut.) He was a nice kid but had no idea about it really, just told me it was a “limited edition.” I think he got it from an older relative, but to him it was basically a Crown Vic.

He’d had it nearly a year at that point, and it was already a bit worn, but it just looked cool to me.

I called around and found one, and wasn’t going to buy it because I was going to get an ‘04, but the ‘03 on the lot was pre-decontented, and had TC, plus I got it for nearly 11K off of retail.

FYI, last year I saw that same black ‘03 in the Walmart parking lot, and it made me sick. Looks like several kids over the years have destroyed the interior, and the headliner was ripped. One rear panel and taillight lens, along with part of the trunk lid and rear valence were crumpled from an accident, which also had gouged up the left rear rim. The front dot matrix windshield was cracked, along with a side mirror, bald tires, scratched paint, etc.

If he knew what he had he’d get more parting it out at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Curless View Post
    My dad bought a 96 Impala new, I bought it from him...mother inlaw wanted a new car so I talked her into a Marauder knowing that I could add it to our collection... her car got stolen, but I swung a deal on the one I currently have. I wanted a Chevy and a Ford muscle sedan!

My family always had Fords growing up, but man those ‘94 - ‘96 RWD Impalas were bad ass! I loved how they looked and how low they rode.

When they set the top speed limiter on our cars they knew exactly what they were doing; I’ve had mine on a “private” track and at exactly 127 the front end gets super light and you can’t feel the road any more. Scary, and also BS because I have a bunch more pedal I can’t use.

The Impalas didn’t have that problem I don’t think, and no speed limiter in any case. I always requested the limiter off in my tunes, but unless the front end is lowered or the car otherwise modified to keep it down at speed, I don’t think it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Purchased a new 2000 Grand Marquis with the handling package.(black)

Saw the Marauder in 2002 and had to have one.
    Purchased one in Jan. 2003. (black.

Sold the 2003 in 2008 and purchased a Corvette. (still have)

Had to have another and bought the present 2003A in June of this year.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

My 2000 Grand Marquis got "T" boned so needed a new one. The dealer had noting like what I wanted but said "we have a Marauder on the lot." A little history... when I was in the Marines at Camp Pendleton in '64 a good buddy of mine had a '64 Marauder and it was HOT. Now being 58 at the time I didn't need a hot rod at that stage of my life but the salesman said "just take it for a ride!" When I got back to the lot I said "where do I sign?"
    And that's what you missed, on Glee!
    Semper fi

"Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Blog Entries
    I owned a Thunder Bird S/C, 3 SHOs and a Grand Marquis.

I wanted a car that was bigger than the SHO and had more performance than the GM.

I drove a few different cars and the MM won.

I cut my test drive of the Impala SS short because the owner of the dealer left a roach in the ash tray.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Sat in one at the 2003 New York Auto Show, fell in love. Found out they were not making any more after 2004, purchased a 2004 Silver Birch. Lived happily ever after.

My dad always had Oldmobile Cutlass from 78 to 88 g body. I got older all I drove were Cutlasses and Caprices. I always drove big body V8s because they were safe, in The late 90s and early 2000s that was always in as far as I can remember. I always wanted a 96 SS but never got around to owning one. I remember when the MM came out I was like that looks like the Feds lol. Fast forward to a couple years ago I owned an 08 DTR MGM LS with all the fixings. I put some 22z and nice system and to me it was classy, but everyone had one and the police always profiled that 08 MGM. I didn't want that attention anymore as well I wanted to own the most modern classic that you don't see anymore,thus the MM came back in my head. I sold the MGM and found my MM on a lot in a hole in the wall dealer in Jacksonville Beach, FL. She looked rough, had all the hallmark problems that we all talk about from clear coat paint, to the oil filter leak and etc.... I bought her and changed the serpentine belt as well as changed the oil and filter. I drove her from Jacksonville Beach, FL to Cape Coral, FL the first day I had her. I said to the wife, if this car has a problem it will tell me on the way back home. That was 300 miles, that was my first drive and had a great time driving back. I've put her back to her glory days and don't mistreat her. She not going anywhere. The pics was my MGM to the MM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Medical condition.

When I first saw the car, I suffered from Priapism; which was partially cured only after buying one.

Bought a DTR because I hate red cars (really), and like going slow everyplace..
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I bought my Marauder cuz Murica.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

94-96 Impala SS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

went froma box 9c1 impala to a cv to 9c1 box caprice to cvpi to cv sport to marauder first one then to marauder i presently have with another box caprice as a daily for a few years. This all in the last 17 years.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

It was back in 2002... hard to believe how long ago it was, but my reason was really simple I am a Ford guy, I wanted a V-8, RWD, 4 doors and the rake made the car look menacing in black.

Buying the car I still own was a great decision, finding this club online by pure chance back in September of '02... I cannot describe with mere words the blessing it was to share my life with some of the finest people I have ever known that I met right here online first and then face to face over the years.

I am retired now with 7 grandchildren and my wife is not in good health so I have drifted away... but I have not forgotten how truly great it was and how truly lucky I was to be a small part of it.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information