Thread: Anyone near Staunton, IL 62088 ??

Anyone near Staunton, IL 62088 ??

Any members near Staunton?? Can I have you go by County Classics to check out a car?? Glad to give an Outback gift card for your trouble.

Need you to be rust and bondo savvy.

TP 703 280-7164

country classics

I'm about 40 miles away. Been there several times. What are you looking for? You are right on rust. Much of their inventory is upper mid-west rusty.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

They have a 68 Galaxie XL convertible which seems to be pretty solid underneath. They sent me extra pictures upon request. I would GREATLY appreciate if you can go there and give me assesment. Top concern is the frame and body mount areas. 65-77 fords have issues with junk accumulating inside the frame rails behind the front wheels. And how much bondo is under that marginal paint job. I’m ok with minor rust, but definitely out if moderate to major rust.

Not to concerned about the engine or worn suspension, those are correctable. Nor missing trim, minor dents. I have never done a paint job, but look forward to the project since I will be retiring in 6 months or so.

You game to go? You like Outback?

Almost a 4 hour trip for me. I’ve been there once and as mentioned their inventory is pretty iffy. Don’t get me wrong, they do have some pretty decent stuff especially if you’re looking for a project, even more so if on a budget and leaning towards a non GT/SS/RS example to keep costs down as they literally buy anything and don’t particularly specialize in the rare categories.

We paid the $2 to walk the buildings and had a great time. I liked the way they leave everything dusty with flat tires and don’t try to shine them up for higher dollars. They are true barn/field finds so definitely check the bottom sides! There was some really good deals mixed in with the reality check ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thread Information