Thread: Using Forscan to do an abs bleed

Using Forscan to do an abs bleed

Just curious if anyone has used Forscan to do an ABS bleed. I will be changing my ABS pump soon and will need to do this. Forscan recognized my 2004 Marauder and showed the ABS Service bleed as an option but I am not sure how to proceed.
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

yep works great it tells u what to do on the screen

Thanks. Can you summarize the procedure so I know what to expect? Sorry to be a pain just want to make sure I have everything I need especially if what I need is a second person. I usually vacuum bleed by myself but not sure how the abs bleed plays out.

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

So I replaced my ABS pump today with a junkyard pump from an 06 Town Car Signature Edition. I swapped the Marauder Brain onto the pump. Then with a little help from MMBLUE we did the bleed using forscan. Here is what you need to do this.
    - An ELM327 bluetooth ODB2 module
    -A windows PC with bluetooth connectivity
    - The forscan software installed and running.
    - A friend to operate the software and pump the brakes.
    - A catch can device to collect the brake fluid
    - Plenty of brake fluid. I used almost half of one of the big prestone bottles.
    - The car should be connected to a battery charger

Run the software. There will be onscreen instructions.

First is the front left. Once you crack the bleeder press the ok button. Your friend will have to pump the brakes in 2 second intervals until instructed to stop. (PC was in the car with him so I could be free to operate the bleeder.) The pump will run while the brakes are being pumped. The the software will turn off the pump and instruct you to close the bleeder screw. This is then repeated for the front right, rear right and rear left. It moves a lot of fluid through the system so it is important to top off the reservoir each corner.
    We repeated the process twice before all the air was out. I suspect that is because I replaced the pump. My brake pedal is now very responsive. I finally feel like I am getting the performance from the big brake kit that I should have been getting.

Performance
    Dress

Subscribed. Thank you for this. I'm doing a frame swap on a wrecked DTR, but I fear this abs bleed.
    So I will swap the closed brake system over to the next frame to try and cheat

06 signature series works hmmmm. Was it the entire abs module brain and block?

Awesome!!
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

I swapped my electronics onto the pump/valve assembly. My brain worked fine but my valves were leaking causing the pedal to go almost to the floor when pressing the brakes slowly. 04 Marauder brains are available still. I found a NOS unit in Wisconsin for $320 but you can have a bad one rebuilt for about $90. I had no luck finding a Marauder traction control pump new however. That's why I went with the Town car unit. Drove the car about 150 miles so far and have had no problems. ABS works well to. Will have to see how the traction control works next time I get caught in the rain.

Performance
    Dress

Took her for a test drive afterwards and WOW. What a difference. I hated getting into my blue with squishy brakes after that.

Nice upgrade Ron !

Just to be clear MMBLUE is referring to the big brakes on a budget upgrade. I thought I had wasted my money until I realized my ABS pump was bad. Now I think I need better seat belts.

Performance
    Dress

Thread Information