Thread: What size rims 19" or 20"?

What size rims 19" or 20"?

I am done with 18" rims I think. Today I had a rear go flat, and I went to the local Discount Tire and they had one option in stock, some 255/55 Sentry or some junk almost SUV tire or I could wait a week for some Nitto's... 2 tires for the rear with warranty and the guy states there is 40,000 mile wear rating. I tell him I am driving a 2004 car with just under 80,000 miles and have put a few sets of tires on. I don't mind getting 20K to 25K miles on a set of tires that perform

Last time I had only a few options too it seemed Like junky new Camaro tires) I liked the original BFG's but no longer really an option.

I have never bought after market rims before as I like the factory rims on most of my vehicles. Now I feel I need new rim sizes for better tire options, and maybe a brake up grade.

I am kicking the idea of GT 500 rims. IIRC its the 2008-2010 that fit our cars?

I do feel our 18" combo looks a little small in the wheel well and maybe some larger rims and taller rear tire might ride and look better.

20" seem large and 19" seems better, but for tire options does it matter a lot? I know I might have less options with 19" but as long as there are performance based tires in off set sizes I will be fine vs the very limited 18".

I also assume with 9" to 10" wide rims it will help.

Is there a set off set that's better for our front rims? I know that with some knock off GT 500 type rims you can get 9.5" front and 10" rears that would put more meat on the back.

Are there some 19" rims to stay away from?

I am not looking for high end fancy rims. More a stock look say $500 or less per rim at the high end. Something like our 5 spokes or a split 5 spoke style.

Thanks

I say 20s more option on tire sizes, traction control will be a problem... There are experts in this site that know their stuff... Good luck

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

I got mustang 19s on my 04. Love them. 245/45 and 275/40 bfg sport comp 2 great traction summer only tire though
    04 mgm (rauder wannabe)
    Jmod, 2900 stall 10inch. Pi shaft and housing with lube mod. 3.73 carbon posi. 70mm tb ported knives edged plate and modded shaft, plenum p and p. Boc tune. And the mods don't stop.

Just put 20's on the wife's Charger (stock size). Got them at BJ's. Paid for them on Sunday, was told 1-3 days, Monday afternoon got a call that they were in. Had them installed yesterday.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Zillions of choices for the 18" front tires and while only a few stock rear sizes if you go up one size to a 255 there are a lot of choices. If you like the OEM wheels why waste time waiting to get the wheels and tires in another size?

19's front 20's rear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    20" wheels on the Marauder is a no brainer , upgrade and enjoy!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

I put 20 inch Foose Nitrous wheel on my 04 DTR. Wheel wells look more filled up. But I turn off the traction control. Or it tends to trip. When the boost comes in. But car runs great. And looks killer. I know most here love the stock 18 inch wheels. So do I that is why I have mines put away. So I can switch bavk and fouth. But with 20 inch wheels you can't go wrong. Check Late Model Restorations.com They have some nice 20 inch rims and wheel packages. That are really nice and there prices are hard too beat.

Thread Information