Thread: Looking to buy!

Looking to buy!

Ive been looking around for a while now and man these are hard to come by! I just found this. I will be looking at it this week. Anything in advance you guys can tip me off on? Thanks in advance

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=157687124

Pics look good and price seems good for a dealer too. What are your plans for the car? weekend driver, daily driver, store it winters, modify it?

I do recommend a tune at bare minimum. it wakes up the car and changes the rather disappointing factory shift schedule. You can get a tune from Mo's speed shop in the vendor section. can all be done via mail or email.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Pics look good and price seems good for a dealer too. What are your plans for the car? weekend driver, daily driver, store it winters, modify it?

I do recommend a tune at bare minimum. it wakes up the car and changes the rather disappointing factory shift schedule. You can get a tune from Mo's speed shop in the vendor section. can all be done via mail or email.

Not to sure. I own a 91 mustang gt and a 1999 Lexus gs400. I was thinking of just adding her to the fleet. Then a part of me said to trade the lexus in and have this be my daily drive. Slap some winter tires on her an call it a day. I owned a 2004 Lightning for 3 years and drove it in the winter. I can imagine it being worse than that

The aluminum wheels don't fair well thru winter/salt. and you must maintain a 3-6% dia difference front to rear or traction control will kick in. so no putting same size tires all around. crown vic 16" or 17" wheels do fit. there are tire sizes that work best so post up if you need them for a winter set and some one will post up what they run.

check for squeaks, rattles noises, recommend changing all fluids if you decide to get it. There is a recall on the LCM (lighting control module) unless it has been done already. Ford does not have parts to repair presently, but some memebrs here can fix it, but you have to send the LCM which is easy to remove and be down for a few days.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by 91gt View Post
    Ive been looking around for a while now and man these are hard to come by! I just found this. I will be looking at it this week. Anything in advance you guys can tip me off on? Thanks in advance

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=157687124
    I have a 2004 Black w/ 76,000 miles 1 owner for $11,000 if you are interested or this deal falls thru. Listed in for sale section.
    2004 MM (Black) #112 of 3213 (SOLD)

2022 Ford Ff-150 SuperCab Iconic Silver "Powerboost"
    3.35 L 4X4
    -AND-
    SLAYER1
    formerly owned by "Impala Slayer!! 2004 SB MM
    Kenne Belle 2.8 (Liquid Cooled), MMR "Boss 302" Block, L&M Engines rebuild Kooks Headers and cats, Accusump Pre-Oiler Dynamax VT mufflers, MBS 2 1/2" exhaust, 4.10's, 2800 stall, Argento 312 "Color" Powder coated wheels, Rears widened 1 1/2 "703
    702 RWHP/653 RWTQ @ 21 Lbs. Boost, M/M catch can, 3 pillar gauge (Boost, Fuel, air intake and coolant temp, custom console cover, S-55 treatment etc...

Make sure everything works. Adj pedals are a known problem. Don't be afraid to look under the car and in the engine bay. Anything that doesn't work should be reflected in the purchase price. See if the dealer will certify it, last thing you need is to turn on the A/C and find out the dealer charged it to make the sale and on the hottest day you are SOL. The dealer has taken the time to make it look shiny which is fine but you are looking for indicators of how the previous owner cared for it. Up your way raw aluminum will most likely be oxidized but that's not a serious concern unless you are looking for a show car. Like others posted listen for usual sounds. Take it for a looong test drive not just around the block. From the pics it looks pretty good. If you haggle you can get it for less $$. Good luck

Oh my what idiot put the front license plate bracket on upside down!
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

You are lucky I already bought one or I would be all over that! Haha

It looks good and the price seems reasonable to me.

Thread Information