Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EATC codes 024 and 025

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    I actually thought it was the BDA, but I will burp the system again first.
    Proper Ford 4.6 DOHC burp procedure

http://www.reischeperformance.com/refill.html
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    2 - DTC's 024 & 025 & knocking noise = Blend Door Actuator gone or going bad.
    Agreed. Knocking noises behind the dash are almost always a bad BDA. (or broken/dislodged door)

As for the air flow issue, are you sure it's coming from panel vents, defrost, AND the floor all at once?
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

I am sure that its coming from vents, defrost and floor.

Interesting...

The floor and defrost are controlled by one actuator, and the panel vents by another. The default position for the defrost/floor actuator is to defrost, so if there was a total loss of vacuum, you should have defrost but no floor.

Try this: remove the EATC head unit and unplug the vacuum connector. See if you can somehow jump from one vacuum line to another and put the black line (vacuum source) to the red, yellow, and blue lines individually and see if the airflow diverts properly. Red is floor, yellow defrost, and blue is the panel vents. The white line is for the fresh/recirc door and we're not concerned with that now...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

On my old 08 MGM LS had the same problem on the blend door, so I did the o-ring on the EATC & disconnected the battery for 10 mins. When connected back it appeared to reset the blendoor and didn't hear it after that. Down here in Florida You don't use the Heat or both floor and dash. Try it... It won't hurt.

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Proper Ford 4.6 DOHC burp procedure

http://www.reischeperformance.com/refill.html
    So I still am having some trouble getting enough heat in the cabin for the first 30 minutes of driving. I have replaced the thermostat, flushed the coolant, burped the sytem about three times and now have taken apart the dashboard to look at the Air Blend Door Actuator. The BDA seems to be working fine and there doesn't seem to be any air pockets in the coolant system at this point.

I am now thinking the heater core may be plugged. Does anyone know where I can find a coolant diagram for the MM?

So I still am having some trouble getting enough heat in the cabin for the first 30 minutes of driving. I have replaced the thermostat, flushed the coolant, burped the sytem about three times and now have taken apart the dashboard to look at the Air Blend Door Actuator. The BDA seems to be working fine and there doesn't seem to be any air pockets in the coolant system at this point.

I am now thinking the heater core may be plugged. Does anyone know where I can find a coolant diagram for the MM?
    After running the car up to operating temperature with the heat on, feel both of the heater hoses, are they both warm / hot?

Was the thermostat installed correctly?

When you remove the crossover tube plug can you see coolant?
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

After running the car up to operating temperature with the heat on, feel both of the heater hoses, are they both warm / hot?

Was the thermostat installed correctly?

When you remove the crossover tube plug can you see coolant?
    So I inspected the heater core and after looking at all of the hoses involving the coolant system, I discovered the previous owner had done a cooling mod for #4 and #8 through the back of the block. (I have only had this MM for a few months, so I haven't figured out all of the mods done by the previous owner yet). It seems that the cooling mod seems to be hindering how much coolant is going to the heater core, resulting in less heat. It looks like I may have to re-do the cooling mod to have the heat back up to factory levels.

Thank you for all of the advice, I thought I was never going to figure this out.

So I inspected the heater core and after looking at all of the hoses involving the coolant system, I discovered the previous owner had done a cooling mod for #4 and #8 through the back of the block. (I have only had this MM for a few months, so I haven't figured out all of the mods done by the previous owner yet). It seems that the cooling mod seems to be hindering how much coolant is going to the heater core, resulting in less heat. It looks like I may have to re-do the cooling mod to have the heat back up to factory levels.

Thank you for all of the advice, I thought I was never going to figure this out.
    It maybe installed wrong. I've had the original DR cooling mod installed for 13 years and have had sufficient heat all the time.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information