Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB charge ports

USB charge ports

Have any of you installed USB ports anywhere in the cabin? Since losing the cigarette lighter socket to the 3rd gauge, I've been relying on the 12v charge port in the console to power portable devices. At first, I used a 2-slot USB adapter, now a 4-slot.
    I don't like having all those wires coming out of the console cover - it doesn't close nicely, and the plastic is starting to crack due to the wires being thicker than the gap under the cover.

I want to install either another 1 or 2 12v ports outside of the console, or a few USB ports for the front & back passengers.

Who has tackled this issue? What did you do?

Passenger side of cluster.

Add one of these:

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

Universal Dual USB port Car charger Cigarette Lighter Socket 12V Charger Adapter

On snap those are pretty cool!!! There's a space behind the gauge pod in front of the console there's a cavity that could hold a double or triple outlet, too. It is facing the passenger side footwell.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    On snap those are pretty cool!!! There's a space behind the gauge pod in front of the console there's a cavity that could hold a double or triple outlet, too. It is facing the passenger side footwell.
    We use these ports in the old school/new school build.

I installed same USB ports in the beauty panel on passenger side. Also installed one inplace of the power port inside the center console.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

When I had the Pioneer AVIC radio installed several years ago, it came with both USB and the iPod cables. These cables are in the glove box, out of sight.
    The iPod stays connected 24/7, as it is my primary source of music (2000+ songs)
    The USB is my cell charging station.

Thanks for the ideas, fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Passenger side of cluster.
    Do you mean cut a 4th hole into the double/triple gauge cluster, on the side facing the passenger?

Quote Originally Posted by GetMeMyStogie View Post
    Do you mean cut a 4th hole into the double/triple gauge cluster, on the side facing the passenger?
    No.

90 degrees 'round the corner from the gauges, where the passengers left knee would hit if they sat with their legs spread open.

Quote Originally Posted by GetMeMyStogie View Post
    Same place you'd relocate the lighter to if you installed a third gauge in the pod.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Same place you'd relocate the lighter to if you installed a third gauge in the pod.
    I don't think he had seen that.

Here's where I installed one of mine.

Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

^^^ That's a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    No.

90 degrees 'round the corner from the gauges, where the passengers left knee would hit if they sat with their legs spread open.
    So my girlfriend's left shin...

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    So my girlfriend's left shin...
    You date a basketball player??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information