Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clean and (Mostly) Stock Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by TheHossSauce View Post
    I want mostly stock so I can do the vehicle up how I want to which is very understated and subtle. I'm looking to for something that doesn't necessarily turn heads, but can. I am buying this as a road trip car so comfort is my main concern.

Buy a DTR if you don't want to turn heads...

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    what sort of things do you want to do your way? there is limited aftermarket products for marauders and that may even decrease over time. some of these cars already have upgrades etc. its easier to make it cosmetically subtle.
    Just some basics to make the car more enjoyable.
    -Intake
    -Full Exhaust
    -Tune
    -Head Unit with Sat Radio, and bluetooth
    -Good Quality phone mount
    -Additional Hard wired USB charging ports
    -Rewire audio system
    -2 amp system with 1 farad capacitor (One sub, one 4 channel)
    -8 or 10" sub in customer enclosure (I'm good with fiberglass and MDF)
    -Rear Windows tinted

Maybe list:
    -some form of small light bar for better visibility on country roads
    -Hard wire Radar detector
    -Better Headlights of some form
    -Remote Start
    -Big Brake Kit
    -Basic Heads Up Display

I love the factory wheels so I will keep those but I'm sure whatever I get I will be doing a full service on and replacing most of the wear and tear items (tires, brakes, fluids, bushings and other components as needed)

there is no better intake available. unless you mean cold air intake, then there is K&N, JLT.
    exhaust, stainless works or kooks, although kooks is partial exhaust.
    radio - your preference
    tune- member here martyo, Mo's speed shop intge vendor section.
    big brakes either TCE here in vendor section, or member lji372 has brackets and engraved calipers if needed to run larger brakes in front. still have to buy parts, Baer, brembo etc. do not make kits for marauder
    heads up display - on your own for that.
    ask up when you need more info. plenty of knowledgeable members,here
    no aftermarket headlights made. but plenty have done projector retrofits abd some have used led bulbs.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

A Vehicle has found me that I am moving on this weekend. I am traveling quite a ways to pick it up. What recommendations do you guys have for things to look for when going over the car?

overall upkeep of car..doe sit look like it has been maintained or just recently detailed with shiny sprays in engine etc. Is it stock, does it have mods? is there a tuner with it? who tuned it? correct tire sizes, fluids look good and not smell burnt, any leaks, all functions work? heat, a/c, windows, seats, if original tires, prolly should be replaced and the BFG tires no longer avail. but there are better choices out there. Engine make noises? any codes? check engine lights?

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Yes, I would recommend listening very closely at the engine, specifically pistons #7 and #8. Listen for any ticking or knocking as those tend to overheat without the cooling mod.

Has the light control module been replaced under the latest recall?

Check the space under the wiper motor, water/debris build up causing wacky wipers.

Check to see all windows go up and down and that all doors lock and unlock.

Check that the engine does not sputter or misfire under moderate to hard acceleraton.

Check fuel filter replacement, every 15K miles, many owners do not do this.

When was tranny fluid changed, air filter?

Check to see that tires are staggered, smaller in front and larger in rear.

BTW, Marauders always turn heads.

I "sell" mine every time I pull into a parking lot.

Good luck, we're here for you.

I believe the light control module has not been replaced, but I have been told it has not yet failed.

It is my understanding that it is covered under recall. Is that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a completely cherry 2004 Mercury Marauder down in Nassau County, just the other side of NYC. I had put up a want ad on a Marauder forum and the the guy who sold me the car contacted me as he said I was the right buyer for his car, and he did not have it listed for sale. Over the course of 3 weeks I got all the info, did my due diligence and then moved forward with the purchase.

The car has every option available and is legitimately in immaculate condition. The only modification made to the car are a Magnaflow Exhaust, Upgraded factory exhaust tips (3 1/2" instead of 3"), K&N Intake, and Willwood Brakes (6 Piston in front, 4 in the rear). Brakes have less than 4k on them, and the tires are Cooper ZEON RS3-A with only 1500 miles on them and they were the exact tire I wanted to put on anyway. Seller also gave me a full size spare on a factory wheel as the original donut will not fit over the big brakes. The car came with a giant book of records, everything was documented, original window sticker and certificates from Ford included. Never seen Rain or Snow, which I feel a little bad about because I bought this for a road trip car so I know it will see some rain. As of right now the only things I plan on doing are removing the tint, getting a fresh inspection, and upgrading the stereo. I have no decided on what stereo, speakers, sub, etc to put in the car yet so I'm open to suggestions though I already have a few ideas. the car has just shy of 54k miles on it, and every single thing on the car works (knock on wood).

Beautiful ride you got there Good luck with her.

Nice ride, congrats on your new DTR acquisition.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

congrats on the find, as info, the 3.5 inch tips are factory, factory one's are resonated, but megs offered a non resonated exact tip aftermarket.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by TheHossSauce View Post
    I picked up a completely cherry 2004 Mercury Marauder down in Nassau County, just the other side of NYC. I had put up a want ad on a Marauder forum and the the guy who sold me the car contacted me as he said I was the right buyer for his car, and he did not have it listed for sale. Over the course of 3 weeks I got all the info, did my due diligence and then moved forward with the purchase.

The car has every option available and is legitimately in immaculate condition. The only modification made to the car are a Magnaflow Exhaust, Upgraded factory exhaust tips (3 1/2" instead of 3"), K&N Intake, and Willwood Brakes (6 Piston in front, 4 in the rear). Brakes have less than 4k on them, and the tires are Cooper ZEON RS3-A with only 1500 miles on them and they were the exact tire I wanted to put on anyway. Seller also gave me a full size spare on a factory wheel as the original donut will not fit over the big brakes. The car came with a giant book of records, everything was documented, original window sticker and certificates from Ford included. Never seen Rain or Snow, which I feel a little bad about because I bought this for a road trip car so I know it will see some rain. As of right now the only things I plan on doing are removing the tint, getting a fresh inspection, and upgrading the stereo. I have no decided on what stereo, speakers, sub, etc to put in the car yet so I'm open to suggestions though I already have a few ideas. the car has just shy of 54k miles on it, and every single thing on the car works (knock on wood).

Looks fantastic.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Congrats on your new DTR MM, she looks nice

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast