Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eaton Swap

Quote Originally Posted by F1erceK View Post
    The most important thing to understand is this.
    Exactly... Zack is probably the one guy who can do it the cheapest due to the fact he's done so many and he has his sources all figured out. I'm at right about $5500 for mine all said and done. No Labor obviously. That did include buying a BRAND NEW blower assembly and some of the ways I did my hoses and what not are not the cheapest but I wanted them to look and function a certain way.
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

Quote Originally Posted by F1erceK View Post
    I don't care to get into a pissing contest with anyone. The point is go the direction you want that benefits you most, leveraging the knowledge of those around you who have done the swap. I paid $1600 shipped for mine, all I needed to order were the brackets, lower pulley, and MAF adapter. Sure there may be some other small pieces but it depends on you, what you have to spend, and your goals. Would I pay $3200 for an "Eaton Swap"? No. $1600 and sell off what I don't need? All day.
    $1600 for an Eaton swap with (nearly) everything you need? What exactly did you get for that money?
    He was talking about an Eaton "kit", not just a blower, a manifold and maybe a radiator and pump.

I never totaled mine up, but I went with brand new/best of everything and did it myself. I bet it is around $6000.

I did an Eaton swap 2 years ago. In all total car back on the road driving it cost close to 10K. I did not have good connections for parts or anything. You will spend a ton of time working on it and even more time reading on here!
    After about 3000 miles on the blown motor, i bent every connecting rod in the motor... now just had to build a new motor and tranny and i am in another 10k... There are definitely ways to get things done easier and cheaper but the people who have that wisdom aren't in your garage! haha

I bought mine with a blown motor, so I built the short block around a very high end goal. Now that I am heading down that path I won't need to worry about much.
    2003 MM 300A #4271 [BURNOUTS ACROSS AMERICA car / RIP Paul Casey]
    fully built teksid motor done 3/1/16, too many mods to list...

Visit my garage for details

eaton swap

I've done this 1 time. and about to be 2. I can do it all about $4500. you need jerry's eaton swap brackets and cot to even make this work. plus you need a tune, x4 sct. yes it is not cheap. tune wise I always go through martyo. he knows his stuff well, and he will tune your car safe, but make it fun at the same time. eaton swap kits on ebay are sold for mach 1 mustangs. waste of $$$$ for a marauder.
    2003 cv sport marauder engine swap. then teksid 4.6 soon to be supercharged.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Don't listen to THIS. ^^^^

You are not going to find everything you need with one click. Sorry, but it just isn't going to happen. How about the 4 million hose clamps you will need? Do you want to use used ones even if they are included? What about the custom made brackets to mount the intercooler radiator or the coolant resorvoir? The myriad of bolts and nuts that you will need? Fuses and relays? An upgraded FPDM? A more powerful fuel pump? A fuel filter and line kit to rid the car of the restrictive bends? Electrical wiring? Shrink wrap? Heavy gauge battery wire and terminals? Just when you think you have it all there is more to buy.

I hope you find what you need.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    Don't forget correct upper and lower pullies, bigger MAF , Diablo translator, battery, battery tray, MAF tube, tune, larger than oem heat exchanger, better heat pump, fuel pump, belt, wiring, cot tube, air filter, etc for that eBay cobra stuff to fit a marauder

Buying the cobra "kit" off eBay is a step backwards imho. I'm sure someone here can point out the useable parts list off it is less than the actual parts needed for the swap

Parts you would actually use for marauder swap:

Upper and lower blower kit

15 year old injectors

15 year old heat exchanger and pump

Intake elbow, tube and used air filter

This is why I think it's a step backwards, your going to sell off 3/4 of the stuff you just bought cause it's not usable on our cars

Feel free to add to the list of useable parts that would actually make it onto the marauder

Factory marauder fuel rail can be bent to fit
    +2

Every time I see a complete Eaton swap kit for sale I get a chuckle.

People have NO idea just how fast the smalls add up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by mattdohc View Post
    I've done this 1 time. and about to be 2. I can do it all about $4500. you need jerry's eaton swap brackets and cot to even make this work. plus you need a tune, x4 sct. yes it is not cheap. tune wise I always go through martyo. he knows his stuff well, and he will tune your car safe, but make it fun at the same time. eaton swap kits on ebay are sold for mach 1 mustangs. waste of $$$$ for a marauder.

I'm not saying you can't do it this cheap... but I'm saying you can't do it this cheap... Brackets, X-over, blower, elbow, coolant pipes, injectors, (you could use a stock maf), pulleys, belt, battery, battery cables, air filter assembly, fuel pump, coolant pump, wiring, relays, fuses, wide band gauge, tuner of some sort, pcv system mods, gaskets, plugs, Metco pulleys, Throttle cable bracket (if your blower does not have one) cooling system mod (good insurance) cobra coolant tube under the blower, egr tube (if you have the yucky laws) heat exchanger, all coolant hoses and fitting to run the heat exchanger... I am sure I am missing some parts... if you truly keep track of every nut/bolt/washer/hose clamp OH and lets not forget your trips to the store for the hose clamp you forgot... yeah... glad I have an autoshop of my own, but I still had to go try to find hoses to hook things up nicely.
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

Well this will be a fun ride for sure then! I always love embarking on projects with an open wallet and a side of ignorance!

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    An Eaton swap can be more or less depending on how its configured , and the quality of parts used.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by Curless View Post
    I'm not saying you can't do it this cheap... but I'm saying you can't do it this cheap... Brackets, X-over, blower, elbow, coolant pipes, injectors, (you could use a stock maf), pulleys, belt, battery, battery cables, air filter assembly, fuel pump, coolant pump, wiring, relays, fuses, wide band gauge, tuner of some sort, pcv system mods, gaskets, plugs, Metco pulleys, Throttle cable bracket (if your blower does not have one) cooling system mod (good insurance) cobra coolant tube under the blower, egr tube (if you have the yucky laws) heat exchanger, all coolant hoses and fitting to run the heat exchanger... I am sure I am missing some parts... if you truly keep track of every nut/bolt/washer/hose clamp OH and lets not forget your trips to the store for the hose clamp you forgot... yeah... glad I have an autoshop of my own, but I still had to go try to find hoses to hook things up nicely.
    that's why I like having my shop I look for as cheap as I can get the parts. I always use the stock marauder egr tube heat it and shape it. marauder coolant tube is fine to use as well just flatten it a little. 4500 all parts bought. but yes if you don't have a shop and work on it your self. it can cost a lot more!!!
    2003 cv sport marauder engine swap. then teksid 4.6 soon to be supercharged.

I ripped my car apart thinking I had everything I needed after collecting parts for over a year. Boy was a wrong. Justbob is absolutely correct the smalls push back progress. Luckily a bunch of the folks on this forum were kind enough to help me through my swap when I had questions. If anyone wants to see about what they will more than likely experience during the sway read my thread, LOL.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=94770
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

People have NO idea just how fast the smalls add up!
    ^^^+1 on the smalls adding up!^^^

But, the Eaton Swap was totally worth it!
    Last edited by loud2004marquis; 02-05-2017 at 10:02 AM. Reason: info. missing
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by loud2004marquis View Post
    ^^^+1 on the smalls adding up!^^^

But, the Eaton Swap was totally worth it!
    Do you still have that list you compiled with parts and prices? If so could you please post it up again.
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Quote Originally Posted by lji372 View Post
    Do you still have that list you compiled with parts and prices? If so could you please post it up again.
    This. I would appreciate this as well, I'm working off the old post and based on what I'm reading here there's more too it than the original eaton swap parts list.

I would appreciate this as well, I'm working off the old post and based on what I'm reading here there's more too it than the original eaton swap parts list.
    Just posted it in the Eaton Swap Parts List Thread:

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...=60366&page=37
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information