Thread: Pilot Sport AS3+ review

Pilot Sport AS3+ review

Not long ago I had a set of 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ tires put on the Marauder. Well, it's been almost a month now, and I have been impressed. Car had winter tires on her when I bought her, I know that didn't help. The ride quality and noise level is very good, but the traction has really improved... a lot. I don't drag race the car, but I do like to drive in a sporty manor on curvy country roads when I have the chance.

It's still a nose heavy car, but feels a lot closer to neutral than it did. It's more planted in the rear, and there is a lot less push on the front if I come into a corner a bit too hot. I seem to be doing more of that in the last month. I only have my butt-o-meter to go by, but even the braking has improved. I can stop much harder now before the ABS kicks in. In fact, I can say this because it has not kicked in yet since the new tires. I've done more than a few hard panic stops in testing, and one because of an idiot. I still wish I had went with a 19 or 20 inch rim, and a bit more tire, but I'm in the opening stages of an in depth Jeep build right now so funds are tight. (but not too tight for first class tires)

I am very impressed with the tire, and feel it really helps to wake up the handling of the car. I have a lot of health issues and drive 2 hrs each way to the VA, and the highway ride is perfect. The on-ramps are flat out a blast. Anyone looking for a good riding, and even better handling all season performance tire, look no further than the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+. They don't offer it in a stock rear size, but I have a non-traction control car, so I just got 4 of the same. (235/50ZR18) The mileage is about 1 MPG better too. I get 22.5 now.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 03-11-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Those tires came on a crown Victoria I got a while back, and they are definitely a really well handling tire!
    04 twin turbo Marauder custom made by myself 😁
    3800stall freddy Brown 4stbe trans 31 spline rear
    601rwhp 592rwtq @19psi

Got 4 inches of snow last night. They did very well today. The snow was wet heavy snow. Haven't had them in powder yet.
    2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Thread Information