Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: ProCharger Blower coming for MM

I will still go with the Trilogy for two reasons...

1) Instant throttle response
    2) Proven track record

Quote Originally Posted by David Morton

2) Proven track record
    those two reasons, along with input from members on this board, [you know who you are] are why i chose trilogy. either way, you can't lose when you supercharge a marauder.
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

MARAUDER S/C #5 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mielnicki
    I am very close to ordering a Trilogy Supercharger...should I wait to see how this ProCharger works out as far as price/performance goes???
    NO........

Patrick Guest
    All great points. I have made my choice for S/C. But dont want to add any fuel to a topic that could overheat. I doubt it but best not. To have another option to our MM is great. And continues to add more toys to an ever growning TOY CHEST!!!!!!

The Procharger uses ceramic bearings which tranlates into less heat.
    As for the intercooler, they typically utilize an air-to-air intercooler.
    I personally think an air-to-water is foolproof for daily driving, but Procharger is known for dominating all classes at big drag racing events with the air-to-air. Im just anxious to see the finished product.
    I love when people dare to be different.

Supercharger Prices

I know the Trilogy is about $6000.00 and the Reinhardt is more then that. Any clues on where the Pro Charger will end up????
    If all 3 are adding about 150HP I think price becomes more important.
    I pretty much have chosen the Trilogy but I guess until I find out the price of the Pro Charger I will wait.
    I know the Mustang guys love the Pro Charger.

PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGER FROM F.I.T. # 007
    18psi pulley
    MMR built Stroker 5.0+.020 overbore
    Forged Crank/Manley Rods/Manley Pistons
    Billet Oil Pump
    ARP Bolts and head studs
    Snow Methanol Injection
    3500 Stall Converter (PI)
    Stryker 340 Fuel Pump
    45 lbs Injectors
    4:10 gears
    K&N Air Filter
    Factory Spoiler
    Widened Wheels
    Nittos
    170 deg thermostat
    SS Inserts
    Daniel's Colex Billet Supercharged Emblems front and rear
    Trunk organizer

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by David Morton

2) Proven track record

Those are both very good points. I have had the Trilogy installed the longest besides the Trilogy #1 prototype car, with no problems. The packaging and installation are the best as far as im concerned. I think you will still find that the Trilogy is the best engineered and designed supercharger setup out there for the Marauder, at the best price to date. You wont be dissapointed with it....

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    The roots style is full time, always on,
    No MAC, it isn't. I agree w/just about everything you stated in your post except for the quote above. The Trilogy S/Cer kit includes the Eaton S/cer model M112, and it uses a by-pass valve that is activated by throttle position. The valve is open wich by-passes the internal rotors of the S/Cer unit until you get close to the half throttle position, and then the valve closes which then causes all the air going to the intake manifold to go through the internal rotors of the S/Cer. Eaton integrated the by-pass valve in the 90's in order for gas economy while the driver's foot isn't into the pedal very much. On the highway my car gets 16.5 MPG with the 4.56 gears I have, and with the 4.10 gears I'd be getting 18.5 MPG on the highway. How do I know that? because I had the 4.10's in there before I put the 4.56's in.

The reason why you get such great throttle response w/the Trilogy/Eaton set-up is because the Roots type S/Cer gives you all of your available boost all at once regardless of RPM when you punch it. If you give it half pedal, then you only get about 5 PSI of boost. And when you stay at just 1/3 pedal, you don't get any boost at all because of the bypass valve on the S/Cer.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 10-15-2004 at 11:33 PM.

This will be mor affordable and you dont have to tap your oil pan.

Quote Originally Posted by ADE 1000
    The currently available supercharger setups for the Marauder seem to be all one would need to get the most out of the stock internals. Even if someone could do slightly better, I still would be reluctant to try anything other than the current proven options.

Competition is always good, but the only opportunity I see for an additional source is if it were a more affordable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by maraudernkc
    This will be mor affordable and you dont have to tap your oil pan.
    But you don't have to tap into your oil pan w/the Trilogy Supercharger kit either, since the Eaton M112 Supercharger that it includes is a self-oiling,& a self-contained unit.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 10-16-2004 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maraudernkc
    I just had a meeting with my friend that owns ProCharger here in Kansas City and he gave the ok to start production on a blower kit for the MM. He promises that this kit will out produce any other blower on the market. We will start on the kit after the SEMA show in Vegas. It should be done around Nov. 15th.

And you don't have to tap your pan!

I will update everyone.

I just drove the new 2005 Mustang GT. Great car but down on power. Procharger will have a blower on that for the SEMA Show.

Thanks, Greg
    Glad to hear they're finally coming around. I've been planning on a custom ProCharger setup based on the Mach1 kit with a D1SC upgrade and 12 psi pulleys, but this will save me a lot of work. The intercooler is going to be a challenge, I've been measuring and checking out dimensions of cores and possible tubing routing. I have a couple of ideas, if you want to discuss it send me an email.

Keep in mind, that some folks will never be convinced that something besides the roots type is a "real" supercharger.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Cost is an issue for me, saving money is always a good thing. If it's a $500 dollar difference it won't be a big of a deal. I do like the idea of having another option, but that has to be compared to products with a proven track record.

As much as I hate to admit it I'm leaning to the Trilogy kit for its factory looks. I've had a Lightning and a Super Coupe T-Bird and the the Trilogy kit looks as factory. That's my .
    05 - SRT-10 Truck, Viper V10, 6-Speed, 92 of 200 in white.
    06 - Mercedes R350
    65 - Mustang Convertible

03 MM:
    Black, Cd Changer. Sold

Current Mods: Vortech air to air supercharger #1, SCT B2400 MAF, 42 lbs. Injectors, K&N, Custom Air box, Twin Cobra Fuel pumps, Stage II trans, PI 3000 Stall Converter, MM drive shaft, DR cooling mod, FRPP 4.10’s, FRPP girdle cover/stud kit, Motorcraft Plugs, 180 Stat., 9100 SCT, Mac n' Zack Rear Control Arms, Full Kook's exhaust..

Fordnut, whatever your choice is fine w/me since it is your car. But just for your benefit, let me just pose a question here.....

are you aware that any Mustang or Cobra has different accessory locations, as well as a different upper intake manifold which sweeps to the opposite side of the engine than the one on the Marauder? I'm not sure about the centrifugal kits, but I do know that with the Roots type S/Cer kits, that makes a world of difference.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 10-16-2004 at 03:31 PM.

Two questions:

1. Is the ProCharger quiet (idle, off idle, heavy throttle)?
    2. What is the maximum boost this supercharger can build, assuming a heavily built engine that can stand it?

[QUOTE=maraudernkc]Great News!

Dennis Reinhart along with myself and Pro Charger will be teaming up to build this new Blower for the MM.

Gman, It will probably run 8PSI. Dennis R. Is joing in on this project.

Thanks, Greg

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    And this is going to run at the 6 PSI of boost like you've mentioned in that other thread? I've never heard of a 4.6L engine getting as much power out of merely 6 PSI of boost as you've claimed in that other thread.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread Information