Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: ProCharger Blower coming for MM

Dennis R is joining the Pro Charger project.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Well, this looks very interesting. While I am staying NA, at least for the foreseeable future, I still enjoy seeing the new developments for our MM's. We know of two good, dependable SC's from two reputable shops, but that doesn't mean that there isn't room for more. I will be watching closely to see how this project develops. Good luck, and I hope you give us another good option for those who want to go SC. If someone is willing to take the risk of developing a new product for a limited, competitive market, that's good old capitalism at work! More good choices is always a good thing.

ProCharger is proven on just about every other Hi Perf. Car. It's just another choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ADE 1000
    The currently available supercharger setups for the Marauder seem to be all one would need to get the most out of the stock internals. Even if someone could do slightly better, I still would be reluctant to try anything other than the current proven options.

Competition is always good, but the only opportunity I see for an additional source is if it were a more affordable alternative.

With Dennis R now involved. I guarntee that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveO
    My comment didn't mean that I'm not happy that another s/c may hit the market.

Thats wonderful! I would just hate to see a s/c hit the market that makes the car run on the ragged edge of failure by pushing the stock internals too far.

Best of luck....good to see innovation!

Thanks for the Vote. I now have Dennis R. involved in this project. It's going to be killer.

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard
    Let me be the first to say thanks to maraudernkc and good luck to pro charger. maraudernkc has gone out of his way to give us another option, lets be appreciative. I understand being realistic, unfortunately for Jerry, Dennis and now Procharger there is a limited number of opportunities to S/C an MM. And each new type will dilute the market. But heck, obviously Procharger feels there is an opportunity which is worth their investment. Heck if it tweaks out a little more hp fat 10psi then heck that's great.

That is up to you. I do think your wait would be well worth your while and now that Dennis R will be working on this. I promise you it will be right. Pro Charger has some fantastic stuff and there products are bullet proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mielnicki
    I am very close to ordering a Trilogy Supercharger...should I wait to see how this ProCharger works out as far as price/performance goes???
    I was going to order the trilogy before the end of this year.
    Last edited by maraudernkc; 10-16-2004 at 04:17 PM.

That's why it's nice to have choice.

Wal- Mart or Target?

Lowes or Home Depot?

Quote Originally Posted by David Morton
    I will still go with the Trilogy for two reasons...

1) Instant throttle response
    2) Proven track record

There all good! At least she's Blown!

Quote Originally Posted by tallboy
    those two reasons, along with input from members on this board, [you know who you are] are why i chose trilogy. either way, you can't lose when you supercharge a marauder.

Go ahead add the fuel!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    All great points. I have made my choice for S/C. But dont want to add any fuel to a topic that could overheat. I doubt it but best not. To have another option to our MM is great. And continues to add more toys to an ever growning TOY CHEST!!!!!!

Zack, you are right they do dominate at the track but what we are building for the MM is a every Day street Blower. It must be 100% relaible in relation to the motors internals

Quote Originally Posted by Zack
    The Procharger uses ceramic bearings which tranlates into less heat.
    As for the intercooler, they typically utilize an air-to-air intercooler.
    I personally think an air-to-water is foolproof for daily driving, but Procharger is known for dominating all classes at big drag racing events with the air-to-air. Im just anxious to see the finished product.
    I love when people dare to be different.

It will be priced with the mustang kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mielnicki
    I know the Trilogy is about $6000.00 and the Reinhardt is more then that. Any clues on where the Pro Charger will end up????
    If all 3 are adding about 150HP I think price becomes more important.
    I pretty much have chosen the Trilogy but I guess until I find out the price of the Pro Charger I will wait.
    I know the Mustang guys love the Pro Charger.

it's my understanding that the air-to-air intercoolers are more efficient, however they require a bigger area for the heat exchanger itself. I'm sure that the coolant type intercoolers require more total space under the hood since they require coolant hoses, and a water pump. But they don't require all that space in one place, whereas the air-to-air does because of the size of the heat exchanger that's needed. I believe that this is the reason why many foreign cars w/smaller engines which leave more open space underneath the hood are prime candidates for air-to-air intercoolers. But I'm sure that Dennis will figure out if a big enough air-to-air intercooler can fit under the Marauder hood or not.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 10-16-2004 at 04:06 PM.

Fordnut, you are not going to have to do anything. This will be a turn key kit. I have to get with dennis about setting up a program to get her close. The problen is every car is diffrent. Lean = HP but also = blown motor. I perfer to run atad bit rich and play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut
    Glad to hear they're finally coming around. I've been planning on a custom ProCharger setup based on the Mach1 kit with a D1SC upgrade and 12 psi pulleys, but this will save me a lot of work. The intercooler is going to be a challenge, I've been measuring and checking out dimensions of cores and possible tubing routing. I have a couple of ideas, if you want to discuss it send me an email.

Keep in mind, that some folks will never be convinced that something besides the roots type is a "real" supercharger.

Gman, I have no problem with Eaton. I have one on my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. It has no hesitation. I can assure you that the Pro Charger won't have much hesitation.

They all have there pros and cons

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    Fordnut, whatever your choice is fine w/me since it is your car. But just for your benefit, let me just pose a question here.....

are you aware that any Mustang or Cobra has different accessory locations, as well as a different upper intake manifold which sweeps to the opposite side of the engine than the one on the Marauder? I'm not sure about the centrifugal kits, but I do know that with the Roots type S/Cer kits, that makes a world of difference.

Pro Charger has a car that makes 1800 HP on pump gas. It's true! no BS

They have full race blowers if that's what you want.

Yes it is fairly quiet off idle. Not much of a whine.

[QUOTE=WildMarauder]Two questions:

1. Is the ProCharger quiet (idle, off idle, heavy throttle)?
    2. What is the maximum boost this supercharger can build, assuming a heavily built engine that can stand it?

Quote Originally Posted by maraudernkc
    Great News!

Dennis Reinhart along with myself and Pro Charger will be teaming up to build this new Blower for the MM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    are you aware that any Mustang or Cobra has different accessory locations, as well as a different upper intake manifold which sweeps to the opposite side of the engine than the one on the Marauder? I'm not sure about the centrifugal kits, but I do know that with the Roots type S/Cer kits, that makes a world of difference.
    The Mach1 has identical accessory locations as far as pulleys, idlers, pumps and such.

The intake issue of being reversed from the mustang has been resolved by both KB and DR with their existing centrifugal offerings. Adding the air-to-air intercooler will be a challenge, not so much for tubing as for fitting the intercooler between the grille and radiator. Changing to draw-thru MAF shouldn't be a big problem. And after seeing Marty's car, I can say there is a ton of room between the radiator and engine since he's running a 4" pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body instead of the more common 3".
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread Information