Thread: High output taillight bulbs

hdwrench Guest

High output taillight bulbs

ok... since my painter talked me into painting my rear brake lights transparent black instead of just going with the S-55 look which was my original plan, i need some brighter bulbs.

i am not impressed with the silverstars i have for headlights...they look only slightly brighter when compared side by side with the stock bulb. i wouldnt even notice if someone switched them back to stock.

i think even tinted the lenses are about as bright as the 3rd brake light from the factory... but then my girlfriend was following me in the rain the other day, said she could barely see the lights.

i guess i am paranoid...but i cant afford to buy all new lenses. my boss has a black magnum that he had all blacked out too, he hasnt had any probs but then again if he did he is loaded so he could afford either a ticket or new lenses.

so anyone know of some high output bulbs? i need bulbs for the taillights that actually put out more light instead of just trying to be "whiter" or whatever. i tried the "super bright" LED's from autozone and they werent even as bright as stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hdwrench Guest
    i might try these unless someone has a better idea...

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-4658.cfm

Easy solution...

Replace all of your 31XX series bulbs in the rear with the same ones only buy 34XX series bulbs in place of them. You will drastically increase your candlepower.

This is what I did on both our cars with tinted tail lights.

As far as the Silverstars....losing battle around here. Everyone swears by them. They still appear yellowish and do not increase candlepower compared to OEM. I bought them as well back in FEB. '03....and promply pitched them for Zenons. Never looked back.
    Go with a quality Zenon to achieve a truley WHITE light with increased candlepower with farther line of sight. Zenons are also available in H1 for your fogs, and I recommend upgrading to 100w over the OEM 50 watt.
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
    Easy solution...

Replace all of your 31XX series bulbs in the rear with the same ones only buy 34XX series bulbs in place of them. You will drastically increase your candlepower.
    Do you happen to have the complete part number for the 34xxx series bulbs for our tail lights?

Thanks.
    Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

if its a 3157a you need get a 3457a, if it calls for a 3198 get a 3498, etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by rumble
    Do you happen to have the complete part number for the 34xxx series bulbs for our tail lights?

Thanks.

Thanks shakes....

All of the bulb part numbers are in the owners manual...all of them....
    2017 Niro

Thread Information