Thread: Alternator Bracket Blues

Alternator Bracket Blues

Well, crap!

I ordered an alternator bracket to have powder coated along with the valve covers I got from TAF.

I specifically told the parts guy it was for a Marauder, not a damn Grand Marquis. He pulled up the page on his computer, points to the bracket. This one? he says,.. I looked,.. yup! that's it! well, it's right shape anyway, I told him.

I get a call yesterday, my part is in! I had a bad feeling for some reason. Yeah,.. somehow he ordered the SOHC bracket.

Sorry Rumble! it'll be a few weeks til I can get them to ya,

Same price as TAF sold 'em to me, 50 bucks. No higher bids will be entertained! For me, ... it's not about the money, it's about the car.

Tom

Same thing happened to me, Tom. That's why I didn't get to add the bracket to our powdercoat session. Sorry, I can't help with the part#...maybe one of our FOMOCO Parts folks here can help.

Hey Rumble...marauderman's got "next" on the valve covers...O.K.?

I remember you telling me that at Marauderville. I guess that's why I had a bad feeling when I went there.

well,.. they told they should have it in a few days, hopefully my sway bar will be here by then!

Originally posted by TAF

Hey Rumble...marauderman's got "next" on the valve covers...O.K.?
    Hey Tom=--- Don't forget--This T O M ( marauderman) is next ---ok----don't forget --PM for any details you may have/want.....thanks--hopefully your in tune with me here.....
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Well,.. I got the sway bar today. now I just need the damn bracket and I'll be ready to powder coat!

Tom

I feel your pain. I am trying to put 03 Cobra parts on my Cobra. 25% of the time I get GT parts. 25% of the time I don't know what I get. Otherwise, I get what I want. I don't think its necessarily the dealers fault all the time. Sometimes the descriptions are unclear.

Dammit!
    OK, maybe the 3rd time will be a charm! went to pick up the 2nd alternator bracket this evening, it was for a CVPI. ARRRGGGHHH!

I told the parts dude I wanted a Lincoln Aviator bracket. I hope that works! I think it should since we share the same engine.

We'll see! ...sigh...

Tom

3rd time was not a charm! So I said F*** IT! and took the valve covers and sway bar to get powder coated without the bracket.

I should get them back on Tues or Wed. and hopelfully have them installed by the 25th for the Chuck's get together!

BTW- Buddy, the John Eagle parts guy is still looking for our bracket. The last one that came in was for an Aviator, it was close, but no cigar. Should he ever locate it, I'll post here again.

Well...I guess there will be just 1 Marauder with the bracket powdercoated (and it looks GGREAT, BTW)...and it's not yours or mine Tom.

Be sure you post pics when you get them back...and PLEASE be sure with rumble that marauderman is "next".

Hey TAF, no problem. I had told Marauderman via Pm that I would UPS them right to his door and even pay the freight to him . He can send me the $50.00 after he gets em.

What about one of the guys on this board that might have a engine apart looking to see if there is a number on the alt. bracket. Being a "parts guy" I know how frustrating it can be to get a hard to find part without the factory supplying good information.
    Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

Originally posted by rumble
    What about one of the guys on this board that might have a engine apart looking to see if there is a number on the alt. bracket. Being a "parts guy" I know how frustrating it can be to get a hard to find part without the factory supplying good information.
    There is a P/N on the bracket, I showed it to Buddy today. It's not in the system at all. at least not yet,... I guess nobody has needed one yet?

Tom

Whats the number?
    Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

3W3310153 BC

Thread Information