Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio shot

Lightbulb Radio shot

Are the radio worth fixing in our cars? CD player quit, trunk changer will not eject, radio will not hold stations.

What a good replacement unit?

THanks
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

If I remember correctly from what I have read here you can get a audiophile unit from an Escape and it is plug and play. Hope this helps.
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphonzus View Post
    If I remember correctly from what I have read here you can get a audiophile unit from an Escape and it is plug and play. Hope this helps.

This is the quickest way to upgrade..sounds better, steering wheel controls work, have 6 disc in dash instead of trunk so trunk one can be removed as it wont play it anyway.

Have to check with Darren to see if it sold, but here is the model/part number..normally sell for $125-200 on ebay, lkq etc.

https://mercurymarauder.net/forums/s...d.php?t=104798
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

What they said. I was pretty impressed with the better sound plus it being plug & play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Ford replaced my factory radio twice. Each time, it lasted about 15 months, and then began its failure chain. First, the AM went. Next, the FM went. Finally, the CD went.
    I replaced it with a Pioneer AVIC unit and have loved it for the past seven years.

Quote Originally Posted by jsignorelli View Post
    Ford replaced my factory radio twice. Each time, it lasted about 15 months, and then began its failure chain. First, the AM went. Next, the FM went. Finally, the CD went.
    I replaced it with a Pioneer AVIC unit and have loved it for the past seven years.
    Same here....I have the Pioneer AVIC w/ Reverse Camera, BT, Nav, etc. Much better option, IMHO.
    03 300A
    Trilogy #154
    Stainless Works LongTube Headers, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, X-Tube, Rear Cat Delete, Borla Mufflers, 2.5 Mandrel Bent pipes
    Lido tune
    Performance Transmission, 2500 Stall

Quote Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
    Same here....I have the Pioneer AVIC w/ Reverse Camera, BT, Nav, etc. Much better option, IMHO.
    Same here. Pioneer AVIC-X940BT here.

BTW... have you guys seen the larger button that's available?
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

Yeah, I saw it on the AVIC hack forums, I think.

BTW, has anyone updated their firmware on the 940's with ver 6 (I think that's the latest), from the AVIC Hack site? Pioneer's last release was 4.x I believe. I'm on 4.0 and would like to update the firmware and maps, but don't want to brick it.
    03 300A
    Trilogy #154
    Stainless Works LongTube Headers, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, X-Tube, Rear Cat Delete, Borla Mufflers, 2.5 Mandrel Bent pipes
    Lido tune
    Performance Transmission, 2500 Stall

The dash will hold a double-DIN-sized unit, so you might consider an Android Auto unit. They've come quite far in the last year, and integrate nicely with an Android phone. Same is true for Apple and Apple in-Car.

"That's what." - She

Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder 'S' - Kenny Brown Signature Edition #10 of 10
    Silver Birch #126 of 4,453
    Mercury Division, Ford Motor Company, Panther/Marauders #7,221 of 7,839

MercuryMarauder.Net Member #111 (!)

Radio shot

Exact same sequences as mine; been looking for a replacement option, but have other priorities first. (I can't think of any other manufacturer that considers the radio an item that has to be replaced in the normal maintenance schedule; at least that's Ford's attitude, "Things wear out!" After two years? Really.)

I want to make sure the steering wheel buttons work as well.

BTW I had no problem getting the radio out of my sons Taurus, but this one seems stuck. I used brazing rod last time, but no luck.

2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

Is the Pioneer compatible with the steering wheel controls?

MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

unit pictured in thread - why incompatible?

Love this forum. Answers to everything here.

I have been shopping for a factory style head unit for a while. The unit pictured in the thread seems to be available under multiple labels on the front fascia. I have seen identical units (same layout / buttons / etc) with the name Mach 300, Pioneer, and the name shown on the picture in the thread above.

They are available all over ebay from around $150 to $250.

Every business that sells these on ebay has a disclaimer that these are 'not compatible' with the stock Marauder head unit.

Anyone know why? Is it that these head units need a separate 'satellite radio' receiver module? I can't think of any other reason.

Thanks -

Keith, rookie member, DTR

Aftermarket radios need an interface module for steering wheel controls to work, it gets wired in and stuffed up in the dash. .Around $50 and a mount kit, $10, and possibly some hand work
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Love this forum. Answers to everything here.

I have been shopping for a factory style head unit for a while. The unit pictured in the thread seems to be available under multiple labels on the front fascia. I have seen identical units (same layout / buttons / etc) with the name Mach 300, Pioneer, and the name shown on the picture in the thread above.

They are available all over ebay from around $150 to $250.

Every business that sells these on ebay has a disclaimer that these are 'not compatible' with the stock Marauder head unit.

Anyone know why? Is it that these head units need a separate 'satellite radio' receiver module? I can't think of any other reason.

Thanks -

Keith, rookie member, DTR
    Satellite radio was never a factory option on the Marauder.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Aftermarket radios need an interface module for steering wheel controls to work, it gets wired in and stuffed up in the dash. .Around $50 and a mount kit, $10, and possibly some hand work

Thanks for the info. I'll have to decide whether to go with the audiophile plug & play unit or spring for the pioneer and figure out this tweak for the steering wheel controls then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information