Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 250 amp alternator

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    That's real nice! I always appreciate the effort someone goes through in making their engine look great!
    Ambitious Thanks I try to keep it clean. And no driving in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    That's real nice! I always appreciate the effort someone goes through in making their engine look great!
    Ambitious Thanks alot. I try to keep her clean. All over in and out. And no driving in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rum View Post
    Big Car Show Tomorrow. And on Sunday too.
    Where are they going to be if you don't mind me asking?
    I'll be around the NyC this weekend so, I might be able to drop by and see the automotive beauties.
    2004 Silver Birch
    Build Date 3/19/04
    Adopted on 10/19/07
    Seq#2102 of 3214
    #681 of 997 SBs
    #154 of 336 SBs with the moonroof
    Thanks Brian
    Member of The 100K Club 11/20/11
    Options-
    moonroof-heated seats-6-disc changer-trunk organizer-rear spoiler-mercury all weather mats
    Mods-Extras-Bling-
    Action Automotive-SS Inserts
    Auto Meter 4327 Oil Pressure Gauge
    Badgeless Grille(Thanks 03 Merc)
    Big Mike's Performance-"Sto n Sho" License Plate Holder
    Dead Pedal(Thanks lji372)
    Curless's Pedal Gear Repair
    Cruzer's-Arm Rest
    EATC Ungrade(Thanks JACook)
    Escape/Audiophile Radio Upgrade(Thanks shodude)
    Ford Racing M-7195-AOD Aluminum Trans Pan
    Innovative Interceptors-God's Head Valve Stem Covers
    J-Mod Valve Body
    K&N Performance Intake Kit{CAI}
    LCM Upgrade(Thanks Fastblackmerc)
    Marty-O Fender Badges, Tune & 4:10s
    Panther Lights HID Headlights
    Pro-gard Skid Plate
    Rear Cooling Head Mod
    Visteon Sirius Satellite Radio Setup(Thanks RoyLita)
    Weather Tech-Side Window Deflectors

Looks great! Wish l could S/C my car here, but don't know how I'd do it here in CA with all the emissions control BS.

250 amps? Does anyone know what the OEM alternator puts out by comparison?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    Looks great! Wish l could S/C my car here, but don't know how I'd do it here in CA with all the emissions control BS.

250 amps? Does anyone know what the OEM alternator puts out by comparison?

OEM is 130 amp

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry24 View Post
    OEM is 130 amp

Thanks. I have the underbody lighting kit and some other electrical extras, but not like you. In any case Marty said he could tweak his tune to get some extra juice out of the OEM unit to help with those extras. The OEM alternator never looked that good though.

MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by PRCARGUY View Post
    Where are they going to be if you don't mind me asking?
    I'll be around the NyC this weekend so, I might be able to drop by and see the automotive beauties.
    I was at the Eisenhower park show on Sunday on Long Island. Won a best engine award.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened300a View Post
    Won a best engine award.
    Real Nice! Polished Trilogy! Sweet!

Your battery tray is most definitely FUBAR.

I was at the Eisenhower park show on Sunday on Long Island. Won a best engine award.
    Sweet!!!

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Outstanding!!!

Another for team Marauder!!

Congratulations Paul!
    Wish I knew about the show before the weekend. I would have gone out to the island to see.
    2004 Silver Birch
    Build Date 3/19/04
    Adopted on 10/19/07
    Seq#2102 of 3214
    #681 of 997 SBs
    #154 of 336 SBs with the moonroof
    Thanks Brian
    Member of The 100K Club 11/20/11
    Options-
    moonroof-heated seats-6-disc changer-trunk organizer-rear spoiler-mercury all weather mats
    Mods-Extras-Bling-
    Action Automotive-SS Inserts
    Auto Meter 4327 Oil Pressure Gauge
    Badgeless Grille(Thanks 03 Merc)
    Big Mike's Performance-"Sto n Sho" License Plate Holder
    Dead Pedal(Thanks lji372)
    Curless's Pedal Gear Repair
    Cruzer's-Arm Rest
    EATC Ungrade(Thanks JACook)
    Escape/Audiophile Radio Upgrade(Thanks shodude)
    Ford Racing M-7195-AOD Aluminum Trans Pan
    Innovative Interceptors-God's Head Valve Stem Covers
    J-Mod Valve Body
    K&N Performance Intake Kit{CAI}
    LCM Upgrade(Thanks Fastblackmerc)
    Marty-O Fender Badges, Tune & 4:10s
    Panther Lights HID Headlights
    Pro-gard Skid Plate
    Rear Cooling Head Mod
    Visteon Sirius Satellite Radio Setup(Thanks RoyLita)
    Weather Tech-Side Window Deflectors

Nice setup! Just noticed: I have that same carbon fiber Metco intake tube, and PHP CAI box. What is that bridge you used between the tube and the MAF?

I couldn't get just the standard rubber bell supplied by Metco to work, too short. I remember posting here about it, and a couple of DR fans gave me a hard time because they said I was "putting down" DR. I was just trying to get it to fit, and they way he sold the kit it didn't.

I thought about it and just bought a second rubber bell from Aaron at Metco for $30 to take up the space. They kind of articulate together and make a tight seal. Works great, but I like the look of yours better (although Metco suggests not putting a clamp on the small end of the carbon fiber tube.)

Here's a pic of mine:

Nice setup! Just noticed: I have that same carbon fiber Metco intake tube, and PHP CAI box. What is that bridge you used between the tube and the MAF?

I couldn't get just the standard rubber bell supplied by Metco to work, too short. I remember posting here about it, and a couple of DR fans gave me a hard time because they said I was "putting down" DR. I was just trying to get it to fit, and they way he sold the kit it didn't.

I thought about it and just bought a second rubber bell from Aaron at Metco for $30 to take up the space. They kind of articulate together and make a tight seal. Works great, but I like the look of yours better (although Metco suggests not putting a clamp on the small end of the carbon fiber tube.)
    I had a issue with the metco one popping off and not seating correctly on the MAF because it was just too short. I ended up ordering a rubber coupler from eBay in the correct diameter and a inch longer then the metco one, that solved my issue and sits correctly.
    I’ve also used a clamp on the metco intake but always took care not to over tighten and crack it.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    Dyno tested power
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

I had a issue with the metco one popping off and not seating correctly on the MAF because it was just too short. I ended up ordering a rubber coupler from eBay in the correct diameter and a inch longer then the metco one, that solved my issue and sits correctly.

I’ve also used a clamp on the metco intake but always took care not to over tighten and crack it.

Looks like we both came up with a solution that works. In order for mine to be adjusted correctly I had to lube the inside of one and the outside of the other, then angle one inside the other at an offset towards the throttle body. It's actually a tight seal on the tube.

BTW, don't crack that tube. Real carbon fiber, and they didn't make that many of them. When I spoke to him a few weeks ago, Rick there commented that they are something of a rare beast now.

BTW, don't crack that tube. Real carbon fiber, and they didn't make that many of them. When I spoke to him a few weeks ago, Rick there commented that they are something of a rare beast now.

It’s very rare. In fact I believe maybe 20 of us are out there with this intake tube. I know of 4 off hand that I’ve seen in person, you’re the 5th that I know of. Same goes with my PHP airbox. I bought it back in 2005 and haven’t seen many.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    Dyno tested power
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast