View Poll Results: Are you interested in getting a cowl hood (todds style)

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in luv the hood!

16 47.06%
  • Not my style!

7 20.59%
  • Maybe if i can come up with the coin!

12 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: HOOD Head count

HOOD Head count

Quote Originally Posted by airjordan2k8 View Post
    You must get them from the junkyard man

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

To answer your PM

“Measure 27 1/2" from the inside corner of the fender/header panel to the hole location”

This keeps the hood open but just barely. It would be nice to find heavier duty ones but these have worked for 8 years now. Any closer to the header panel and it won’t stay open. Any farther back and it will stay crazy high.

I try to keep my inbox full.

As for the mounts ask Nate. He came up with brand new ones from what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Hello nate are you around?

I need to start gathering these parts as I should be receiving a call soon regarding my hood.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    To answer your PM

“Measure 27 1/2" from the inside corner of the fender/header panel to the hole location”

This keeps the hood open but just barely. It would be nice to find heavier duty ones but these have worked for 8 years now. Any closer to the header panel and it won’t stay open. Any farther back and it will stay crazy high.

I try to keep my inbox full.

As for the mounts ask Nate. He came up with brand new ones from what I remember.

Gotcha I'm glad I asked because I was measuring from under the header panel lol... 1 more question are the mounts supposed to be a lil to side because of the lip where I drilled the hole?

Here is a blow up of my original hole and the actual one that worked.

There is a good chance that these were originally round at the base and I trimmed for better fitment. Sorry bro, after 8 years I can’t remember. Besides having to remove the vacuum storage box to reach the nut which isn’t a big deal, these were pretty straight forward to install. Like I said I may have trimmed them with a grinder or bandsaw? But mine sit flush and appear to be OEM factory Marauder.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Here is a blow up of my original hole and the actual one that worked.

There is a good chance that these were originally round at the base and I trimmed for better fitment. Sorry bro, after 8 years I can’t remember. Besides having to remove the vacuum storage box to reach the nut which isn’t a big deal, these were pretty straight forward to install. Like I said I may have trimmed them with a grinder or bandsaw? But mine sit flush and appear to be OEM factory Marauder.

Thank you bro for the response makes sense now I may have to trim it aswell because the base is round crap now I have to find someone with the tool to cut trim it for me...

Now to install the hood struts mounted!

SOLD 12/31/2021

First time too.... are hood pins required?

They recommend some type of hood pins VS the factory latch. I've ordered some aerocatch flush mounts for mine.
    2003 budget built marauder-LM7 5.3 SBE 4L80E VS racing 78/75 turbo and other things
    1.56 60' 6.80 1/8 @ 104 mph 10.5 1/4 @129 mph
    #BSTDMRC #LSSWAPPEDMARAUDER
    Instagram -
    Cheapthrillb2
    lsswappedmarauder

First time too.... are hood pins required?

No. Use of factory latch is perfectly fine.

SOLD 12/31/2021

HOOD Head count

Even well into triple digits many times over she’s held up fine...

On a side note however, the amount of shrinkage this hood has gone thru kills it for me. The first coat of paint I did myself. It laid down like black glass after all the prep work. But even my new at the time air filtration ended up letting in moisture that when cured, cut and buffed, showed it’s ugly face as thousands of microscopic dust looking particles.

So I caved and had my body guy re strip the entire hood top and bottom and shoot it again. But being black, after a year or so I could see almost 100% of the prep work showing thru, light enough that even priming and blocking could hide and another re paint but I’ve learned to just live with it.

The hood struts had to be addressed though. I’m not exaggerating when I say they would make the hood hump up at least 3/4” in the middle along side the fenders in just a couple of weeks. So fast that you would swear it would never stop raising over time and end up looking like a stingray vette LOL

It would take twice as long to settle back down with the struts removed! This I simply could not live with which is why I went to the junkyard originally to find a suitable prop rod assembly. It was there I started to look at other designs of struts, paying attention of where they were directing the exerted pressures in the closed position and noticed right away the Dodge set up.

I wish they were a bit stronger and I’m sure someone will research out even a better set up or at least something that is the same length as Dodge but stronger, I’ve just gotten less and less motivated any more and if something works then so be it..

But what a disappointment using their recommended strut replacements and having it bulge like that!! So much money spent just to see it move out of shape so easily. But relieved that it at least came back into shape. Now if only it were to quit shrinking and showing the body work that would be swell... I’ve often thought of just selling it off as I don’t even need it anymore now that I ditched the insane heat from the Trilogy I was over spinning. This Procharger runs ambient temps and everything stays nice and cool now!

End rant.

SOLD 12/31/2021

I appreciate your research and development as well as your opinions on the hood. Hopefully living in Michigan and my car residing in the garage more times then not, the shrinking will be delayed. But my car is far from perfect or show quality. She spent her first few years in Louisiana before spending the majority in Texas before finding its way to me. Texas sun did me no favors on the car. But that's why Ive done what I've done to it. Being a high mileage sun beat car that's been used and abused.

I've grown to like my hacked up mustang scoop hood, hopefully I'll like the bulge once on the car.
    2003 budget built marauder-LM7 5.3 SBE 4L80E VS racing 78/75 turbo and other things
    1.56 60' 6.80 1/8 @ 104 mph 10.5 1/4 @129 mph
    #BSTDMRC #LSSWAPPEDMARAUDER
    Instagram -
    Cheapthrillb2
    lsswappedmarauder

Any pics of the hood installed?

Now to install the hood struts mounted!

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic05 View Post
    Any pics of the hood installed?
    There ya go bro

https://www.ebay.com/p/Hood-Lift-Sup...d=360169537028

Hmmmm, wonder if something like this will work.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information