Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie to the site - Marauder in Nashville, TN

Newbie to the site - Marauder in Nashville, TN

Hi everyone,

Was toying around with getting a marauder for quite some time. Used to live back in Chicago and never needed a car (used to own an '02 Ford Mustang GT) but I moved to Nashville for work several months ago and quickly realized public transit ain't the same as back home....

Long story short, caught the bug after I realized Marauders come with the same 4.6L DOHC engine blocks you find in the Mach 1's and knew this was the logical step for me. Took a roadtrip up to Louisville, KY and picked this baby up from a guy that was working on it in his garage.

Bought it with 101,500 miles and couldn't wipe the smile off my face driving down the highway back to Nashville.

Previous owner installed:

Steeda underdrive pulleys
    Chrome Cam Covers
    Chrome Hi-Flow Water Pump
    AEM Coil Packs
    Drilled/Slotted Rotors
    SCT Tuned
    JLT Performance Intake

Just wanted to say hello! Absolutely love driving this thing, plenty of giddy up and drives like its on a cloud..

Recently, took a roadtrip to Virginia from Nashville and blew a spark plug out the motor which destroyed the coil pack. Another long story there, but, anybody have experience with loose spark plugs? Lost tons of compression in the engine but managed to get a new plug back in and make it home. These things are such a pain in the ass to remove when your using that extension bolt, but have a bad feeling I have stripped threads. Keep hearing a ticking noise every so often. Any thoughts are welcome!

Sorry for the long intro, tried to upload pics but they come out sideways...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nashmarauder; 09-13-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Blown sparkplug generally needs a timesert repair, 03 cars only have 4 threads girl sparkplugs in aluminum head, proper torque is important when installing. Get rid of the SCT tune and get
    A tune from Mo's speed shop here in the vendor section. SCT canned tunes are tweaked mustang tunes, where Mo's is designed from a marauder..20 or so hp and better shifting.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I have the Steeda pulley as well. One thing I had to do was increase the idle ~300RPM but not enough to wrestle it to a stop in traffic. My favorite mod was my billet control arms. I'd love to see those cam covers!! I have a spare set on the shelf and wanted to chrome or polish them.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

It might be a Marty tune in the sct tuner and he might just not know it

You might as well go with some ngk spark plugs and get that one repaired with the time zert. Seems to be the best repair without pulling the head.

Congrats on getting the car, they are awesome cars!
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

I agree on getting the insert installed. It should be installed ASAP! When the plug came out it took the threads with it so you are probably running on borrowed time. Congratulations on your new ride! And welcome to the MODNESS!
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Blown sparkplug generally needs a timesert repair, 03 cars only have 4 threads girl sparkplugs in aluminum head, proper torque is important when installing. Get rid of the SCT tune and get
    A tune from Mo's speed shop here in the vendor section. SCT canned tunes are tweaked mustang tunes, where Mo's is designed from a marauder..20 or so hp and better shifting.
    Can't underscore this point enough. Congrats on your purchase and welcome.

Here is a pic of them when I first bought the car. Need a little cleaning but dress the engine up real nice! I don't mind the under drive pulleys just when I need the A/C blowing full speed, doesn't really kick in until i start getting on the throttle
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    It might be a Marty tune in the sct tuner and he might just not know it

You might as well go with some ngk spark plugs and get that one repaired with the time zert. Seems to be the best repair without pulling the head.

Congrats on getting the car, they are awesome cars!
    Thanks Brother, appreciate that. I'll have to check the tuner not sure what kind of tune the guy had setup on here. Think the timezert repair is the way to go, not sure if it's wise just to do all of the spark plugs as multiple were loose when i took it into the shop. Could very well be that it was just not installed properly though...

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    I have the Steeda pulley as well. One thing I had to do was increase the idle ~300RPM but not enough to wrestle it to a stop in traffic. My favorite mod was my billet control arms. I'd love to see those cam covers!! I have a spare set on the shelf and wanted to chrome or polish them.
    Sorry, still learning how to use this forum website, picture uploaded down below. Need a little cleaning but dress the engine up real nice! I don't mind the under drive pulleys just when I need the A/C blowing full speed, doesn't really kick in until i start getting on the throttle

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphonzus View Post
    I agree on getting the insert installed. It should be installed ASAP! When the plug came out it took the threads with it so you are probably running on borrowed time. Congratulations on your new ride! And welcome to the MODNESS!
    Appreciate that man! Think that's my next purchase before i start getting into the mods! I just hope it didn't damage any other components of the engine, besides the coil pack obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Can't underscore this point enough. Congrats on your purchase and welcome.
    Thanks Brother!

A fellow Nashvillian. Whereabouts? I’m in Watertown. These are some pictures of mine. No mods, pure OEM. But only 26k miles so she does ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on man! She looks gorgeous so damn clean! I actually just sold my marauder to a gentleman out in Hendersonville. Wish i would have known sooner would have been cool to meetup before i sold her. Was an absolute blast to drive but needed something to get me going further without as many trips to the gas station!

Quote Originally Posted by billcracknell View Post
    A fellow Nashvillian. Whereabouts? I’m in Watertown. These are some pictures of mine. No mods, pure OEM. But only 26k miles so she does ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right on man! She looks gorgeous so damn clean! I actually just sold my marauder to a gentleman out in Hendersonville. Wish i would have known sooner would have been cool to meetup before i sold her. Was an absolute blast to drive but needed something to get me going further without as many trips to the gas station!

Lightbulb Fuel Mileage

Quote Originally Posted by Nashmarauder View Post
    Wow! I get 17 in the city and 24 on the highway running a 4:10 rear and a number of mods, but using 93 E0 fuel. Well, good luck which ever way you choose to go.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information