Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The daily driver Marauder needs a rebuilt engine thread

Teething problems... Now the AC compressor doesn't kick in. It was raining yesterday, no AC, no defrost, foggy windshield...

AND no music... except for the tailpipes. Still having difficulties getting the insurance to send someone to look at the tore up dash from the stereo thief. I have USAA, and have has claims with them in the past. They have always been on point. This is the first time they have ever dropped the ball. Starting to get pissed. I really don't like being without my tunes.

Wife is taking me for a weekend away tomorrow. (23rd anniversary) I need it with all the crap gone wrong lately. Monday I'm just gonna make an appointment to get her fixed and send USAA the bill.
    2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

stereo

Yes, you have had some bad luck but it is all coming together. I see you are retired US Army. Thank you for your services. If you want send me your address I will send you my Kenwood DNX6140 double din I pulled from one of my Marauders I sold. I will send it COD.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    Yes, you have had some bad luck but it is all coming together. I see you are retired US Army. Thank you for your services. If you want send me your address I will send you my Kenwood DNX6140 double din I pulled from one of my Marauders I sold. I will send it COD.
    PM sent....

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Teething problems... Now the AC compressor doesn't kick in. It was raining yesterday, no AC, no defrost, foggy windshield...

AND no music... except for the tailpipes. Still having difficulties getting the insurance to send someone to look at the tore up dash from the stereo thief. I have USAA, and have has claims with them in the past. They have always been on point. This is the first time they have ever dropped the ball. Starting to get pissed. I really don't like being without my tunes.

Wife is taking me for a weekend away tomorrow. (23rd anniversary) I need it with all the crap gone wrong lately. Monday I'm just gonna make an appointment to get her fixed and send USAA the bill.

Make sure the A/C plug at the compressor is pushed in 100% until you hear or feel it click or it won’t turn on. I did a Louisville with temps in the 90’s on the way home with a PISSED wife all because of not fully seating it. It can be stubborn and feel fine but nope. Check all related plugs as well, I believe three in all.

Same trip home was also done entirely with open cut outs due to the actuating rod snapping in half leaving the hotel and showing off. But that’s another story and a story I try not to bring up around the wife...

Even I couldn’t wait to get home in the A/C and give my ears a few days to regain hearing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Like Bob said, definitely check the plug on the compressor. Yesterday I was driving and all the sudden my a/c wasn't working. While troubleshooting I found the two wires came out of the plug. For some reason the retaining function of the pins doesn't work anymore. Pushed it all back together and taped it up. All good now!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    PM sent....
    Do a search for Kenwood DNX 6140 you will find full disruption of what it is capable of.
    When I said COD I mean you pay Shipping / Handleing. The Kenwood stereo is free.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    Do a search for Kenwood DNX 6140 you will find full disruption of what it is capable of.
    When I said COD I mean you pay Shipping / Handleing. The Kenwood stereo is free.
    Thank you for the offer. I misunderstood. Very generous. I did not know there was a way to send something so that the shipping was COD, but that is a cheap way to get a replacement... With USAA acting up I'll take anything I can get. They are normally on the ball, but are using some company called Premier (out of CA) to do the response, and I can't even get them to call and schedule a time to come look at the car. Whatever shipping will cost will be well worth it to have tunes again. PM sent again...

Got some messages from the insurance company about the damage from the stereo thief. Yes, this is still going on...

First off, they sent a check to some replacement company in CA for $763.32... because they sent me a replacement stereo worth $369.

Second, the damage the thief did to my dash, and side mirror doesn't even cover my $500 deductible. (or so they say) Well, I have to pay for the install, and new parts, but at least I got a new stereo... They don't make the model I had anymore, so I got a newer version. Kinda cool, because it t has more features. They sent the DDX 795. It's also not so cool, because without a rotary knob for volume control, you can't quickly turn it down when you want to hear something. Can't wait to get it in just the same. Tomorrow I go to the stereo shop...

Time to give the old Bose bluetooth a rest.

Blog Entries
    USAA is not the Company they were. I rate them in the bottom half.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Finally have music... sort of

The head unit got installed yesterday, but now I for some reason, I only have sound at the rear speakers. They checked the cabled... good. they even went as far as pull the door panels and chech the speakers, and crossovers. (JL Audio C3 components throughout) All good.

Somehow, at the exact moment the car stereo thief ripped up my dash... the wires to both front speakers go bad. Car has to be re-wired. Of course they didn't have time last night, so I'll be going back today. I'm guessing they probably got damaged when the piece of **** was prying on my sub, and amp trying to get it out. Thank God he didn't.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 11-01-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Well, can't blame this one on the thief. It seems that 2 and a half years ago when I had the original stereo installed, the other shop took a short cut this shop didn't know about... They wired about a foot of good speaker wire into the amp, (mounted on the sub in the trunk) then connected it to the original factory speaker wires (that ran up front). The new guys didn't connect any factory speaker wires (yes they asked me) when installing the new head unit.

I would have thought that any decent shop installing a complete amplified system would run new, better quality speaker wires... I was wrong. Well I was right, I just didn't go to a decent shop the first time apparently...

So these guys had to run wires up to my doors...

Still no steering wheel controls, even after 45 minutes on the phone with tech support. Looks like my clock spring is screwed up, and the steering wheel is gonna have to come off. A matter for next week...

You have the patience of a saint!
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    You have the patience of a saint!
    Trying my best not to loose it, so as to be labeled "a danger to himself or others". As a disabled veteran with PTSD and a Traumatic Brain Injury, I have VA people breathing down my neck all the time.

Don't want to loose my 2nd amendment rights. We've all seen stories of veterans having their guns taken away from them by force. God forbid I ever need to use one again, I want it right here handy.

I really do want to slap the snot out of people all the time, (or at least cuss them out) I just can't do it...

Here's the latest too, no money right now to do the steering wheel controls, but I'm keeping my appointment Wed. They have to fix the wiring in the passenger door. The window goes halfway down and catches on the new speaker wires... It stops going down, and you can see it tugging down on the rubber boot between the door and the body. Even the new "decent" shop screwed things up... So they will be redoing the passenger door.

Good news, The guy only billed me for one hr labor the other day. ($80) He didn't charge me for the 20 odd feet of speaker wire they used going from the amp in the trunk to the front doors. I had to help though. The skinny kid they had doing it didn't have enough ass to unbolt the rear seat back. I had to break those two bolts loose. They didn't have a cheater pipe for the ratchet, so I showed him how to put two combination wrenches together.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 11-03-2018 at 02:15 PM.

What a heartbreak of a story...and to top it off, the slimy Insurance Company....As a retired claims rep for a major carrier, I get real sensitive about Insurance claims issues...Starting with their phony advertisements, How honorable & respectful XXXX is to their military members ..."Fixing a scratch with a pen", refund checks for good drivers, Accident forgiveness..... blowing smoke up everyone's rear ends....The Insurance premiums are non negotiable, but claims settlements are, and then their failure to respond in a timely manor, lets see if your slow or late in your premium payment, its all business then..Most companies done away with adjusters going out to inspect damages, prepare a negotiated estimate with a repair shop and pay a fair claims amount...Now they want YOU to take pictures and they will prepare the estimate based on photos? - What about the hidden damages and fairly negotiated repair hours?... Nothing as there no shop to negotiate with. In most cases an entry level clerk is taught an estimating program, in tim buck too, and spits out an appraisal every 18 minutes...hoping the customer gets the check and spends the $$$ before getting the car fixed.....Cause after all, they boast how quickly they can settle your claim....Its not up to the Insured to hunt and track down the parts, and do the repairs. The Insurance company per their contract with the Insured is obligated to indemnify the policy holder to be put in pre accident condition. As a hip shot this sounds like a $3000. claim... Dash, radio, speakers, mirror, steering wheel control, and even the labor for the keys locked in the trunk..... They took your claim, & gave it to a 3 pty vendor in California no less and said have a nice day......Its not too late you can appeal, the settlement is not closed simply because you cashed a check .....Demand they send an adjuster out to revise your claim......Good Luck.....

I will be getting the steering wheel controls looked at when I get back home. I am in Florida now for Thanksgiving with the family. USAA will be hearing from me again... USAA themselves have been good to us in the past. The problem is they farmed out this one, and their sub-contractors have screwed us over. However, it's USAA that oversees the contractors, so I hold them responsible. It's them, I have the policy with, and who said what the amount of damage was. (based on their contractor's estimate)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information