Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Sniper tuning software?

Anyone using Sniper tuning software?

If I remember correctly some of you have used the Sniper SW for your MM.

Any comments on it? I am looking for something a little more user-friendly and better data logging then my Predator.
    2003 300A Black MM
    3.73's, 3500 PI, T64e at 9.5 PSI
    Belts are for washing machines.
    Theme song (s) : Back in Black & Thunderstruck!!

Ride it like a Ford.!!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm not a gynecologist....but I'll take a look at it.

Taeiman uses it.

I use it. It works pretty well, the problem I have is mainly that I suck at tuning so my shifts still kinda suck, and the car could be a little leaner... but that's just a matter of taking the time to deal with it I think.

I will say that the data logging is hit and miss... some people have no problems, some people never get it to run, I am one of the latter. It has never worked right for me, on 3 different computers... so I dunno what the deal is, seems like the usb times out or something

11.90 @ 117.5mph on 93 octane
    324 shortblock, Novi 2000, Now with optional axle removing tires
    Igziabeher

Quote Originally Posted by RR|Suki View Post
    I use it. It works pretty well, the problem I have is mainly that I suck at tuning so my shifts still kinda suck, and the car could be a little leaner... but that's just a matter of taking the time to deal with it I think.

I will say that the data logging is hit and miss... some people have no problems, some people never get it to run, I am one of the latter. It has never worked right for me, on 3 different computers... so I dunno what the deal is, seems like the usb times out or something
    Did you have any trouble installing it? From what I understand you need a base Marauder tune for your ECM and then bring in your custom tune to modify it.
    2003 300A Black MM

Ride it like a Ford.!!

Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    Did you have any trouble installing it? From what I understand you need a base Marauder tune for your ECM and then bring in your custom tune to modify it.
    no problems. You need a base in as much as you pull the "stock" tune off your marauder to activate the first bullet, then you use your box code deal to move on from there... I have to say that I am not sure at all that it uses the tune it pulls from the car as the base, rather it may use a template based on your code... Can't say for sure since before I had sniper I had a chip so I just pulled the chip out and started from square one. If you call them up they'd be more than wiling to help you out, I never have trouble reaching them on the phone.

11.90 @ 117.5mph on 93 octane
    324 shortblock, Novi 2000, Now with optional axle removing tires
    Igziabeher

I wish I could say things went as well with Sniper they did for you. I discontinued using it due to lack of tech. support and now use SCT. I wouldn't recommend Sniper Tuning at all for our cars

I would consider SCT, but:

They have nothing for my set-up so it would involve starting from scratch, traveling a long distance to a reputable tuner and I would have a flasher no better then my Predator. A waste of money, basically.
    2003 300A Black MM

Ride it like a Ford.!!

I have it and love it, the datalogger works flawlessly on my Turion 64 Laptop. I haven't done any tuning, but I did tweak and put it back since I was happy with my tune and my car is mostly stock. You can load all of your tunes from any hand held on it as well. So your predator tune can be stored on the laptop and you can tweak it from there, especially if its close to what you want. I paid 600 for mine shipped to my door next day air. That is the middle package (for home use) before the dealer package. If you have any questions, email me.

The packages are:

Commando (allows you to plug in values by the use of plain English.) ie. I have a CAI,410's and headers,make me a tune.. Poof done..!! Around 325 to 350 dollars.
    Special Forces (full access to tuning a car, tweak any parameter you want) Plus the above Commando program is included.
    Then there is the dealer program which is Special forces but it comes with unlimited cars that can be tuned, unlimited templates (based on what I was told) you need an auto tuning business to buy it.
    Last edited by Richy04; 06-20-2009 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks Richy!

A simple question, the site says special forces only works with 32 bit Vista. Are you running Vista 64 bit? If I had to I would put it on my old lap top with XP. I hate Vista. MS owes everyone who has it a free upgrade to there next POS OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Richy04 View Post
    I have it and love it, the datalogger works flawlessly on my Turion 64 Laptop. I haven't done any tuning, but I did tweak and put it back since I was happy with my tune and my car is mostly stock. You can load all of your tunes from any hand held on it as well. So your predator tune can be stored on the laptop and you can tweak it from there, especially if its close to what you want. I paid 600 for mine shipped to my door next day air. That is the middle package (for home use) before the dealer package. If you have any questions, email me.

The packages are:

Commando (allows you to plug in values by the use of plain English.) ie. I have a CAI,410's and headers,make me a tune.. Poof done..!! Around 325 to 350 dollars.
    Special Forces (full access to tuning a car, tweak any parameter you want) Plus the above Commando program is included.
    Then there is the dealer program which is Special forces but it comes with unlimited cars that can be tuned, unlimited templates (based on what I was told) you need an auto tuning business to buy it.
    2003 300A Black MM

Ride it like a Ford.!!

I would consider SCT, but:

They have nothing for my set-up so it would involve starting from scratch, traveling a long distance to a reputable tuner and I would have a flasher no better then my Predator. A waste of money, basically.
    I dont understand what you are saying

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I dont understand what you are saying
    Show me an SCT tune with my mods.
    Show me an SCT flasher that is any better then a Predator.
    Show me an SCT tuner with TC MM experience near me.
    For a little more money, Sniper may be the answer.
    2003 300A Black MM

Ride it like a Ford.!!

I was a Sniper Delta Force user for about 2 years. I've found that my car didn't always take some of the scalers and parameter in the tunes. Also I've found some scalers on SCT that was not supported on the Sniper.
    Now I'm using SCT Pro Racer Package with X-Cal 3. I've found the SCT software to be much more refined and much easier to use. Also the upload and download from the computer and to the car is much faster than Sniper. Having flashed my PCM over a hundred of times, all those waiting minutes adds up. Datalogging with the SCT is also much better IMO.

I gave my tuner the detail of my set up and he put together a base tune for the PRP. He can also do email tunes and has a lot of tuning experience with turbo mustangs and various combination. He had taught other dealers and wrote tuning manuals for SCT. I'm sure my tuner wouldn't have any problems at all with your set up.

Choose wisely...
    2003 Black 300A (SOLD!!!)
    4.6L with Whipple 3.4
    626rwhp 569rwtq
    My Garage

I looked on there website and there is no info on what parameters you can modify or anything about how it works except that you need an SCT2 flasher or a chip to install a tune. They don't even list the old SCT2 on their site. The "product info sheet" is useless.
    Not impressed so far.
    Do you have any real info?

Quote Originally Posted by MM_BKK View Post
    I was a Sniper Delta Force user for about 2 years. I've found that my car didn't always take some of the scalers and parameter in the tunes. Also I've found some scalers on SCT that was not supported on the Sniper.
    Now I'm using SCT Pro Racer Package with X-Cal 3. I've found the SCT software to be much more refined and much easier to use. Also the upload and download from the computer and to the car is much faster than Sniper. Having flashed my PCM over a hundred of times, all those waiting minutes adds up. Datalogging with the SCT is also much better IMO.

I gave my tuner the detail of my set up and he put together a base tune for the PRP. He can also do email tunes and has a lot of tuning experience with turbo mustangs and various combination. He had taught other dealers and wrote tuning manuals for SCT. I'm sure my tuner wouldn't have any problems at all with your set up.

Choose wisely...
    2003 300A Black MM

Ride it like a Ford.!!

The X2 is discontinued. You'll just have to get the X3 without the canned tune. Normally you would get the X3 from the tuner that you'll be getting the PRP from.

I got mine from Lasota Racing.
    2003 Black 300A (SOLD!!!)
    4.6L with Whipple 3.4
    626rwhp 569rwtq
    My Garage

Thanks Richy!

A simple question, the site says special forces only works with 32 bit Vista. Are you running Vista 64 bit? If I had to I would put it on my old lap top with XP. I hate Vista. MS owes everyone who has it a free upgrade to there next POS OS.
    I am running 32 bit vista and its fine. Use a good Laptop as it is a ***** to move the software to another machine if it breaks..

MMBKK,
    Regarding the other post about scalars etc, a quick call with your issue may get a modified template for your computer that will allow the change you want, I can't see how Sniper won't accommodate you as everything is adjustable, I am not doubting you, just asking what actually happens when you try to adjust it, or what parameters are actually missing?
    Maybe a few emails to sniper will clear up the problem.

Regards, Richy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information