Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broke Down

Blog Entries

Broke Down

The Marauder broke down today on a State Hwy.

On a bridge I noticed my odom was bouncing around and then my gauges became dim.

I turned off all including the a/c. Called a shop thinking I could make it there.

Made it off the bridge and died when the traffic came to a stop. I call a nearby wrecker company, pop the hood and trunk.

I stand behind the MM on the curb to waive traffic around. A local policeman on the road next to me ask if I need any help and tells me he will come around to lite up behind me.

Then the wrecker arrives and is backing up to hook up.

A State Policeman pulls up behind me and says get in your car and I will push you to the shoulder, note no shoulder for 2 miles. I say look the wrecker is backing up. He again says get in your car and I will push you to the shoulder. I reply the wrecker is right here.

The Policeman gets out yelling why didn't you follow my orders? I reply the wrecker is here and I was afraid you would push me into him.

The Policeman says give me your license I am going to ticket you for blocking a State Highway. He ask what's that white thing in your pocket and I reply tissue paper. He then tells the wrecker man he is going to ticket him for backing up!

He tells me my tint is illegal and I tell him the tint man told me it was legal. He then says my license cover is illegal, which it is not, I tell him I didn't know that.

He then tells me I have to always follow police orders!

He asked did you call the police? I said no, a local police officer spoke to me and he is on his way. He asked how long until you spoke to the local police. I said 10 minutes. He says always call the police and I reply it's good advice I will.

He goes in his unit, runs my license and comes out holding it with his hand shaking telling me to take it. Now the local police officer shows up and the State policeman leaves.

The local policeman was friendly, professional and courteous. I will call his HQ tomm to tell them how professional he was.

I made it to the shop.

The wrecker man said if he ticketed me I would have contested it and won. He was just mad he was gonna be late to get home.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Someone with a power trip in every crowd..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Someone with a power trip in every crowd..
    Yep....sure sounds like it!

Sorry to hear about your experience....I wouldn't have let them push ANY of my cars with their front push bars....
    Talk about screwing up your paint and rear bumper cover!

BTW: I had a 'run in' with a Maryland State Trooper who I politely addressed as "Officer".
    He got all bent out of shape at me and exclaimed: "I am a TROOPER! not an Officer".
    I guess local Police Officers are dirt to this almighty MD State Trooper.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sailsmen View Post
    Glad you weren't shot. In Colorado in recent days, homeowner kills intruder, calls cops. Cops show up and kill the homeowner. Daily crap anymore. Then, there was the gay South Dakota Trooper who tagged me in a speed trap a few years back...literally.

Good tip about phoning the local PD in your situation. Know yet why the car malfunctioned?
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

He was just mad he was gonna be late to get home.
    Nawwwww, that can’t be. Don’t they make over six figures a year in overtime?? I know in Massachusetts they were!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    Yep....sure sounds like it!

Sorry to hear about your experience....I wouldn't have let them push ANY of my cars with their front push bars....
    Talk about screwing up your paint and rear bumper cover!

BTW: I had a 'run in' with a Maryland State Trooper who I politely addressed as "Officer".
    He got all bent out of shape at me and exclaimed: "I am a TROOPER! not an Officer".
    I guess local Police Officers are dirt to this almighty MD State Trooper.

I don't address them as anything. I do remain polite, cooperative and alert. I owe them nothing else.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by justgod View Post
    Nawwwww, that can’t be. Don’t they make over six figures a year in overtime?? I know in Massachusetts they were!
    Did you read about the PD in Western Mass that resigned en masse in today's news?

Police department in Western Mass. town resigns en masse

The entire police department in Blandford, a small town in Western Massachusetts, resigned Monday, leaving instructions for residents on what to do in the event of an emergency on its Facebook page.

“Attention Blandford residents: If you have a police, fire or medical emergency, please continue to call 911 as you normally would,” the post read. “The entire Blandford Police Department resigned this evening, effective immediately.”

RELATED: Frustrations over equipment, working conditions prompted Blandford resignations

The chair of the town’s board of selectmen, Cara Letendre, confirmed Monday night that the town’s three officers and interim police chief, Roberta Sarnacki, had resigned earlier in the day.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...vmN/story.html
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Yeah, $15 an hour to risk your life in your broken down cruiser. Uhhhh, that's how you get corrupt police in the system. You can make $15 hour at Dunkin Donuts starting pay. I would at least pull some Super Troopers gags or a few desk pops before I left though. Leave some metal files hidden in the cells...

Trooper

You should report the Trooper to the Post Commander, as he needs a attitude adjustment and possibly return to the academy for a refresher course in Public Relations. By the way, what was the problem with your Marauder, Battery?

On a bridge I noticed my odom was bouncing around and then my gauges became dim.

I turned off all including the a/c. Called a shop thinking I could make it there.

Made it off the bridge and died when the traffic came to a stop. I call a nearby wrecker company, pop the hood and trunk.

I stand behind the MM on the curb to waive traffic around. A local policeman on the road next to me ask if I need any help and tells me he will come around to lite up behind me.

Then the wrecker arrives and is backing up to hook up.

A State Policeman pulls up behind me and says get in your car and I will push you to the shoulder, note no shoulder for 2 miles. I say look the wrecker is backing up. He again says get in your car and I will push you to the shoulder. I reply the wrecker is right here.

The Policeman gets out yelling why didn't you follow my orders? I reply the wrecker is here and I was afraid you would push me into him.

The Policeman says give me your license I am going to ticket you for blocking a State Highway. He ask what's that white thing in your pocket and I reply tissue paper. He then tells the wrecker man he is going to ticket him for backing up!

He tells me my tint is illegal and I tell him the tint man told me it was legal. He then says my license cover is illegal, which it is not, I tell him I didn't know that.

He then tells me I have to always follow police orders!

He asked did you call the police? I said no, a local police officer spoke to me and he is on his way. He asked how long until you spoke to the local police. I said 10 minutes. He says always call the police and I reply it's good advice I will.

He goes in his unit, runs my license and comes out holding it with his hand shaking telling me to take it. Now the local police officer shows up and the State policeman leaves.

The local policeman was friendly, professional and courteous. I will call his HQ tomm to tell them how professional he was.

I made it to the shop.

The wrecker man said if he ticketed me I would have contested it and won. He was just mad he was gonna be late to get home.

Troop was on a power trip, glad it worked out in the end.

As far as some of the other comments..... so you are aware, there are LEO’s that are on this board as well, painting all LEO’s with that wide brush is what all the BLM and snowflakes complain about...... profiling.

So if you want to continue with your anti police rhetoric, I’m always glad to play along, since I don’t have feelings, mine won’t get hurt, but I can guarantee someone’s will.

Amazing how a “I broke down” thread turned into anti-anything, but it is the internetz.

I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I certainly hope that you not referring to my reply. I was employed by the Number 1 Rated State Police Department in the Nation, before I was drafted and sent to Vietnam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post

As far as some of the other comments..... so you are aware, there are LEO’s that are on this board as well, painting all LEO’s with that wide brush is what all the BLM and snowflakes complain about...... profiling.

So if you want to continue with your anti police rhetoric, I’m always glad to play along, since I don’t have feelings, mine won’t get hurt, but I can guarantee someone’s will.

Amazing how a “I broke down” thread turned into anti-anything, but it is the internetz.

I support the police and the military!

Thank you for your support, Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by justgod View Post
    I support the police and the military!

LEOs

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post

Thanks for identifying yourself. I didn't notice ANY 'anti police rhetoric' as you put it. A bit of a 'reach' IMO. Someone (OP) related his poor experience with an idiot.

Not difficult to imagine any Marauder - Panther - P71 board not having its fair share of current or previous LEOs.

Wishing 'The Best' to the hard working, conscientious people who took up Law Enforcement as a career path.

Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

I do not condone his actions, but, maybe his car got repoed, wife left him, dog died, found out his mistress is prego, saw his kid's college tuition for this year, found out he's got gonosyphyherpilaids and has to tell his wife or maybe he just plain simply had Marauder envy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information