Thread: Improved JLT intake for the Marauder

Improved JLT intake for the Marauder

We have implemented these changes for the last few months or more.

1) For about the last 6-8 months all pipe material has been upgraded to ABS plastic over the PVC it was. Some had reported warping of the pipe and they were replaced and material was changed right away. (if you have a older white JLT version and are having a warp issue please send me the pipe or send me pictures for a replacement pipe). This was posted sometime ago, but if you missed it here you go.

2) All "inlet" sides of the pipes we have been puting a radius edge to smooth out air flow.

3) No more plumbing Fernco reducers from the pipe to the MAF. All JLT Marauder kits have been and do come with a 4.5"-4" silicon reducer and silicon spacer. The reducer will work with your stock 80mm MAF when using the spacer and will also work if you upgrade to a 90mm MAF. So no need to purchace another coupler down the road. These can be purchaced separate from the web site. Please note your using it on a 80mm MAF and we will include the spacer.

Now, we looked at adding a support, but the more we looked at it, installed and uninstalled the kit we felt a support was not needed. As many of you who own the kit know it's very tight, with little movement as it is. I feel if we brace the pipe to the car there can be a issue with engine TQ pulling on the kit and any support will also hold the kit up slightly higher and will adversly effect the rubbing on the hood liner.
    When installed the kit is large enough to make great power, but can rub a slit into the hood liner. Supporting the kit up will only make this worse.

I took some installed pictures, but can't find them at the moment.

Of coarse due to the increase in material costs we have been forced to raise the overall cost slightly.
    Price is still lower then any other kit @ $159 in black and $174 in color

Thanks to the Marauder community for all your support over the past 3 years.
    Jay
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0
    Gotta Have It Green
    Blown and bad 725 RWHP

JLT Performance Marauder Intakes

JLT Crown Vic Intakes SHIPPING only $129! NO tuning needed!

Marauder parts:
    JLT RAI intakes
    Drive shaft loops
    SCT X-3
    Metco control arms
    Call or E-mail me for your needs!
    Jay Tucker @ 757 335 1940 or Jay@JLTtruecoldair.com

Jay,
    Thanx for continuously improving and watching out for we Marauder owners. I have an original JLT with PVC pipe and 'plumbing' parts and I love it.
    The only problem I ever had was that it popped of the throttle body once while I was on the highway. It was prolly my fault as I had recently installed the Accufab throttle body and prolly did not tighten the boot enough.
    After that, I did make a support. To compensate for engine torque I used a stock rubber isolator mount from the original air box and bracketed to the MAF adapter. This set up has worked flawlessly. Later, while countering the 'hood squeak' with 1" felt furniture leg protectors, I simply stuck one to the spot on the hood where the filter touches. Problem solved!
    I post this info for other members to know I'm very happy with my JLT intake and to let you, the manufacturer, know how I overcame the two very small issues with the original product.
    Thanx again for supporting us.
    Rich
    Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

I bought mine the the system was already installed. The guy who did it though put the pvc inlet up and it relly made a mess of the liner. I've had no problem with the box itself rubbing. Are the instllation instructions for this on your site?

Thread Information